Jennifer Lopez's Fashion Week Performance of Booty

1. Easy Exercise profile image90
    Easy Exerciseposted 2 years ago

"Booty" is an interesting slang term. As an exercise professional, I feel we must recognize and promote that we do have muscles there. And yes we can contour those muscles with target toning exercises. One of the top exercises for this group of muscles is the classic squat.

I have tried to promote squat exercise posters both for the sake of interest and for the sake of muscle development. But alas my one hub on squat posters had the ads disabled! So imagine my delight when I saw Jennifer Lopez's performance celebrating "booty" with her new song appropriately labelled "Booty".

I always considered "booty" to be a place on the human body - the behind, a noun. But the urban dictionary also translates this to me as a verb.

Some viewers on YouTube report that Jennifer is 20 years too late. As a female over 50, I take offense at that statement. As an exercise professional I celebrate anything that promotes physical fitness and this includes Jennifer's Booty performance (which I thought was stellar by the way but I am over 50 so the marketing gurus won't care about my opinion!).

What are your thoughts? Did you see JoLo's performance? Have you heard her new single? What are your thoughts about promoting the development of the muscles that we sit on daily?

1. dwelburn profile image98
      dwelburnposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have not seen this performance but from what you say I'm all for it. Yes it's a great idea to promote development of those muscles, whatever your age - 50, 60, 70 and beyond if you can. And as you say squats are great for it. Fantastic exercise especially if you do it properly (sadly few do sad )