jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

what diet can I start that will have me 25 lbs lighter?

1. 60
    QueenBriposted 2 years ago

Need to lose this by Halloween

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The most you are going to lose without bad effects on your heath is about 2 pounds a week. You can do that on any diet where you eat fewer calories than you burn.  There are lots of websites and apps that will help you calculate that amount and stay under it by logging what you eat.

2. WiccanSage profile image97
    WiccanSageposted 2 years ago

That's an unrealistic and unhealthy goal. Average weight loss is more like about 1 to 2 lbs per week.

There is no secret to weight loss-- you have to burn more calories than you take in. So eat less, eat healthier (switch to water, plenty of veggies, cut the fats, etc.) and exercise more.

But it is unrealistic to expect to lose 25 lbs in 6 weeks. Maybe half that.

Why worry about how long it takes to come off? As long as it does. 10 or 15 lbs thinner by Halloween is still better than none.

3. Susan Zutautas profile image82
    Susan Zutautasposted 2 years ago

The best diet I've ever been on is a low carb diet. Start by cutting out bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes. Drink a lot of water before you eat this way you'll get filled up faster. I have a few low carb recipes here under this name and on my blog sites. If you would like more information please feel free to contact me.

But you should not try and lose 25 pounds by Halloween. That is way too much and is not healthy whatsoever.