jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Unhappy clients

1. healinghands1668 profile image85
    healinghands1668posted 2 years ago

Massage therapists: we know we can't please everyone. How do you handle those angry or dissatisfied clients?

Also, what is the worst/weirdest experience you've ever had with a client? And what are some pet peeves of yours when dealing with clients (ringing cell phones, talking too much, ect?)

1. Righteous Atheist profile image61
      Righteous Atheistposted 2 years ago in reply to this

10 years doing it. 2 unhappy clients. Never an angry one. If they want to talk, that was fine with me. smile

1. healinghands1668 profile image85
        healinghands1668posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't mind talking so much, as long as they aren't disturbing the sessions going on next door. However, I cannot concentrate on what I'm doing if they are asking personal questions and expecting answers. Also, I cannot abide cell phone use during a session.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image61
          Righteous Atheistposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Never had either problem. Most of them wanted to talk about themselves, which was fine. Just ask them to turn their cell phone off and tell them you are not there to answer personal questions. I am guessing you are working in a Spa setting or similar? You might be better off in a private practice?

2. RPM Myotherapy profile image61
    RPM Myotherapyposted 2 years ago

This is something I struggle to know how to handle. I very rarely have a client tell me they're dissatisfied with the treatment, but sometimes they may not have a positive result. This is part of the service we are offering, however these days most products come with a happiness guarantee that offers the customer a discount or refund if they are unhappy. The challenge is offering this without having people abuse it and make complaints just to get a free massage. Maybe if they didn't get enough of change from the treatment you could offer them a discounted return, that way to you still get them back and they get a discount, this keeps most people happy. Its nice to offer regulars occasional discounts anyway.
    As far as ringing phones and other disturbances by the client, I think it's up to them if they want to interfere with their massage session, they have committed to paying you regardless, so don't let it worry you too much. If they complain about the time being up and not getting what they wanted, you can kindly explain that they used up some of the time on the phone and that you can't add extra time on the end of the session to accommodate.

working