jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

This is an excellent article on Karma Yoga

1. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 2 years ago
  2. firstday profile image60
    firstdayposted 2 years ago

I am trying to reshare this post and I thought it would just pop up…LOL
    sorry more to learn…

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

...well, any way, it IS a great article.  He said:
      "The real understanding happens, when we develop an intent to connect with the source of life, i.e. God."

1. firstday profile image60
        firstdayposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Kathryn L Hill
        Thanks for restating that sentence…Practicing the presence of God is the ultimate peace.

Peace is highly under-rated... especially if you consider the state of the world as far as politics and religion.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image83
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago

The article focuses on the importance of the process rather than results of the process. We in the west are very results oriented, don't you agree? Money, house, status, appearances, illusions… these distract us from the mind and the inner life or our spirit where joy and heaven-within reside.

However, the process to achieve these things IS important:  By focusing on the process, we strengthen our will power and concentration and increase awareness.

TWISI

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You won't get much disagreement from me.  Where we end up (heaven, hell, nothing) isn't nearly as important as the journey to get there.

If we are on a constant positive journey, that should lead us to some positive place, right? smile

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Repeating, it is the journey that counts, not the destination.  No, a positive journey need not have a positive destination.

You may be in the process of driving, and you don't know where you are going…
            so thats okay?

4. iYogaprops profile image60
    iYogapropsposted 2 years ago

People usually forget to take a step back and appreciate the whole journey towards their goal. Some people even say they feel lost once they've already achieved what they want. We yearn for the climb and that's what's important.

I still say (four months later) one needs to have an idea of where one is going. We need a destination along with water, sail and rudder.

working