jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Alternative Medicine Forum qwith Special Herbal Interests

1. 61
    AngieMooeStarksposted 7 years ago

I would very mcuh LOVE to start an open Alternative Health Forum for all of those prusuing both Western therapies and other complimentary therapies that don't conflict with Western medical care or practice; I'm currently a distance learning studient enrolled in the Schoool of Natural healing in Springville, Utah to become a Master Herbalist with additional coursework leading to eventually istting and passing the national exams held each year for becoming a Certified Aromatherpist; other strong interests includ POSSIBLE certs in Chinese Herbology with the Insiitute of Chinese Herbology in California, and am still praying about doing either a cert as a Traditional Naturopathic Doctor, in Ayurvedic Medicine, or H9omeopathic Medicine
       I'd love to hear from others fom all over the USA /Canada and the world who are enrolled in The School of Natural Healing in Springville, Utah to establish a Study Forum, in English language or fluently bilingual in English and their native languages as well smile and also other schools I know of but am not enrolled in as of yet:) ; OF COURSE, practicing herbalists are all very welcomed as are MD's. DO's and others who practice comli,emtary medicine wnicn is the BEST kind to practice because it integrates thier Western training with using herbs,  Bach Flower training, and many other alternative modalities into their practices :0 ) !

2. Kyanisunrise profile image61
    Kyanisunriseposted 7 years ago

I think this is a great group. Surprised no one is here.I am controlling my diabetes with natural products. Took my A1c from a 11.7 to a 4.7. Check out My Story Hub.

3. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I had a stomach illness that went away after a natural treatment. I also just wrote a paper and presented research on Omega-3 fatty acids and cancer for my cancer biology class. Very good idea smile

4. MagicStarER profile image93
    MagicStarERposted 7 years ago

Here I am.  This is a good topic, and I hope more people will join.  I'd like to add my 2 cents:

Licorice Root for Respiratory Flu!!!  I had a terrible, nasty flu all winter, that lasted 4 1/2 months, which would not go away until I drank an herbal tea containing licorice root, among other things! 

I have an herb garden, and constantly study herbal and alternative remedies.  Wildcrafting and permaculture also fascinate me.  I am an RN, but I would really love to get a degree in herbology and still may do it!  I believe herbal medicine is the medicine of the future!  Our present system of "prescribe drugs for the symptoms" without curing the underlying disease is not working!