jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Kindness

1. CatherineGiordano profile image88
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

Kindness is on my mind.  It prompted me to write a hub on the subject "Make My Day: Quotes from Famous People on Kindness." Since this is the season of giving, why not give kindness? In my hub, I shared the story of a small kindness given to me by a stranger that made my day. I invite you to share a story of kindness, given or received. I find it heart-warming to read about kindness and it helps me to remember to be kind to others.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A kind word makes anyone's day.
      It costs nothing and provides such much!wink

2. clivewilliams profile image77
    clivewilliamsposted 2 years ago

bah humbug........i am mean and green and  miserable machine!.............Well you know me Catherine, just kidding. Kindness is  such a simple yet beautiful word, It is quite often easily said than done. If we all showed kindness and understanding everyday, we would have  world with less created problems. I salute to be kind. Let the kindness begin, help someone today, tomorrow and forever.

3. ShirleyJCJohnson profile image90
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 2 years ago

Kindess is just a saying a simple hello to anyone who may encounter throughout the day.  One thing I hate to do more than almost anything else to actually make a phone call.  I got out of my comfort zone today to call the grandmother of a family that our church is sponsoring for the holidays.  After a 20 minute conversation my soul was aglow because I felt no nervousness whatsoever during the phone call.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

A wonderful story of kindness. Thanks for sharing it.

4. Venkatachari M profile image85
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

Kindness matters much. A smile, a hello, some kind words, a helping hand. All these do provide much relief, happiness and a feeling of belonging to the person at the receiving end and at the same time, a lot of satisfaction, happiness and the feeling of doing something good to the giver.

5. Snakesmum profile image88
    Snakesmumposted 2 years ago

Kindness doesn't even have to be anything very much.  It can be something as simple as letting another motorist into a queue, or giving someone at the checkout that extra few cents they need to pay the bill.   
    Even just smiling at someone as you pass them can give a lift to their day, not to mention your own.

Absolutely.  In the video I used for my kindness hub, the person gave $100 tips to waitresses.  We can't all afford that, but we can all afford a smile. I'm thinking of changing out that video because his acts of kindness smack of grandstanding, and it is the small everyday kindnesses that interest me.

6. Kiss andTales profile image25
    Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago

Kindness can be verbal ,there are many here on HP practice it . Even though it is some people quite the opposite, which makes you appreciate the ones who sincerly are kind.

Yes. So many people on HP have been kind to me helping me learn the ropes.

1. Kiss andTales profile image25
        Kiss andTalesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Reference Bible Pr 15:23 A man has rejoicing in the answer of his mouth, and a word at its right time is O how good! 
        Many have brought me this Joy on HP.
        Thanks for the question in thought.

7. BarBoga profile image62
    BarBogaposted 2 years ago

Hi, you can read my hub about the attitude of gratitude and its relation to happiness.  I also have a post about it in my website, and a quiz. Among other things, it deals with the scientific research about gratitude. I also have

working