jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

The Ratio of Effort to Success

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 18 months ago

Highly successful people oftentimes work hard to attain their inordinate success.  They oftentimes work long hours and make sacrifices that moderately successful and/or unsuccessful people refuse to do and/or make.  They aren't afraid of taking risks regarding attaining their goals  If they succeed, fine but even if they fail, they view that failure as a life lesson on the road to success.  Highly successful people perceive & conceive of things differently from rest of the population.  What are your thoughts on this?

1. janesix profile image72
      janesixposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I agree. I have two sisters who are highly successful, and it shows in everything they do. Not just in work life, but they are always "busy" with various interests, hobbies, and volunteer work.

Me and my lazier sister, on the other hand, spend a lot of time on the computer, or doing nothing really worthwhile. And neither of us is successful.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
        Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Yes, but you have an active inner life. I do not view you as lazy. Your motivations are not the typical, thats all. I am sure you could write.

1. janesix profile image72
          janesixposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Kathryn. I do have a very active inner life.