PERSONAL ANNOUNCEMENT TO HUBPAGES STAFF, FOLLOWERS

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (89 posts)
  1. kenneth avery profile image79
    kenneth averyposted 8 years ago

My Dear HubPages staff and Wonderful followers,
    Today is Feb. 12, 2016 at this writing.
    Yesterday between the hours of 3 and 7 a.m., my one and only daughter passed from this walk of life. She was 39 and had spent most of last summer with her husband and oldest daughter in the University of Alabama at Birmingham hospital for bacteria in her lungs. Thank God, she was revived and came home in mid-August.
    After some rehab, she was on her way of doing things like she had once enjoyed, but then she became sick again and suffered from not getting enough breath in her lungs.
    Needless to say that I am in shock. Our Heavenly Father had just healed me of the effects of Congestive Heart Failure and now this which far supersedes my own affliction.
    She leaves a husband and our three grandchildren.
    I am asking for your prayers and patience for it may be a while longer before I get to return to HubPages to be with all of you whom I love dearly.
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Kenneth Avery

1. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kenneth, I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers are with you and your family.

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
        Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My most special friend on HP how so sorry I feel of your precious lost , I am at lost for words right now , but I will pray for you and family , I will contact you personally thank you for sharing your heart here at a time most grievous to you and family. Know that you are always special to my heart here I am sure others feel as I do on HP.

kenneth averyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Dearest Kiss and Tales,
          Oh my! Thank you much for this moving piece. I am humbled by your thoughts and expressions. We will talk later. I feel the same way about you. God bless your life in a big way.

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I add my prayers as well and am sorry about this sadness.

Hi, Patty Inglish,
          Your very kind note is much-appreciated. God bless you.

3. kenneth avery profile image79

Moonlake,
        "Thank you so very much for your sweet words that touched my heart. May God reach down and bless you richly, my dear friend."

2. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Condolences. Prayers are said and with you and family. Thank you for sharing we are here to support.

Hey, tsmog,
        I really appreciate you taking the time to write this sweet note. May God bless you abundantly.

3. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So sorry, Kenneth. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Big hugs.

Bevxxx

theraggededge,
        Thank you, sweet friend. (((HUGS))).
        God bless you.
        XOXOXO
        Kenneth

4. profile image0
      Diana Abrahamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So sad to hear the passing of your dearest daughter. I will certainly keep you in my prayers in this extremely difficult time.

Hi, Diana,
        God bless you for reaching out to me.
        Love, Kenneth

5. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kenneth, this is heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you and your family.

bravewarrior,
        Thank you so much, my dear friend. You mean so much to me. Please pray for my family.
        Love, Kenneth

6. LisaRoppolo profile image89
      LisaRoppoloposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So Sorry for your loss!

Lisa,
        Thank you, sweet friend. I will not forget it.

7. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry, Ken. I share my heartfelt condolences with you and your family..

Credence2,
        Thank you very much.  She is in a better place.

8. RoadMonkey profile image83
      RoadMonkeyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am so sorry to hear this both for you and for her own husband and family. Deepest condolences.

RoadMonkey,
        I appreciate you and your kind words to us. God bless you.

9. no body profile image67
      no bodyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I will pray for you and your family. It is an indescribable pain to endure alone so bring your family close and you all draw closer to God. I am so sorry and will think of you often.

no body,
        Thank you so much for your prayers. Drawing closer to God is true. Thanks again.

10. Suhail and my dog profile image80
      Suhail and my dogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kenneth,
      I am so sorry to hear about this tragic loss. It is a devastating news. My heartfelt condolences to you and all others bereaved family members. I pray to God for keeping your daughter's soul in eternal peace.
      Regards,
      Suhail

Suhail and my dog,
        Thank you for your care and concern. I sincerely appreciate you and your warm spirit. May God bless you.

11. Handicapped Chef profile image70
      Handicapped Chefposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kenneth so sorry to hear about your wife I know her passing leaves a heartache no one can heal, But I know her love leaves a memory no one can steal.If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. My thoughts are with you.

Handicapped Chef,
        No, sir. It was our daughter who passed. But still, there is a space in my heart that only God can fill. She went in her sleep. No suffering or hooking to a life support. Thanks for thinking of us.

12. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Randy Godwin sends his condolences: "My heart goes out to Kenneth Avery. It's times like this I abhor HP's mods for preventing me from offering my condolences. sad"

I send mine as well. I've experienced two deaths, my Mom and my Dad. It is as bad as bad gets. But there is a "trivial" saying. It is "trivial" because it is often repeated. But it is often repeated because it is true. Time Does Heal.

You will wake up every morning and your pain will be your first thought.

And then. One day. Not that far. It will be your second.

Paradigsearch and Randy Godwin,
        Thanks to both of you for your sweet, sweet note. It helped a lot. Wish I felt like writing more, but I do not.
        One day, I hope to be back on HP.
        Remember us in prayers.

13. Christy Kirwan profile image90
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Kenneth, I am so very sorry. There are no words for such loss. You and your family are in our thoughts.

Hi, Christy,
        Thank you, sweet friend, for your sympathies. You are right. There are NO words for such a loss. Thanks for thinking of us. God bless you and yours.

14. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Extremely  sad to hear about  your dearest daughter. There are no words to comfort for such a great loss. This must be extremely difficult time for you and your family.
      My heartfelt condolences to you and all others bereaved family members. I pray to God to give you enough strength to face this difficult phase of life.

2. justholidays profile image67
    justholidaysposted 8 years ago

I'm so sorry for the loss of your child. Please accept, you and your family, all my condolences. My thoughts are with you.

1. sallybea profile image93
      sallybeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

My deepest condolences to you and yours especially over the next days, weeks and months.  So glad you were all given a little extra time together before she passed on.  My thoughts are with all of you.
      Sally

sallybea,
        I in indebted to you and everyone on here for their kind words that obviously come from kind hearts.
        sally, you and all of my friends/followers ARE much-appreciated.
        Love,
        Kenneth

2. kenneth avery profile image79

Justholiday,
      Thank you for your input. I feel much better by reading your note.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image60
    tirelesstravelerposted 8 years ago

O Kenneth, I am so sorry.  I have been sitting here moaning in pain and felling sorry for myself, but my physical pain is nothing compared to the pain you are feeling at seeing a daughter pass.   
    Lord the Avery family is in misery right now, Help----.  Thank you for making Kenneth's heart healthy enough to help his grand children through this.  Thank you that he has reached out to our community so we can keep him and his family in prayer. Grant this dear friend and his family rest.   Amen

1. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Amen, ++++++

tsmog,
        Many thanks to you.

tirelesstraveler,
      You are a great hubber-friend and your kindness proves it in your note to me. Thank you so much. Wish I could pay you all back. May God look down and bless you all.

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

Kenneth, please accept my deepest condolensces for you and your family in this heart breaking time. Thoughts and prayers be with you. Stay strong my friend.

Jodah,
      I do. And I will accept your deepest condolensces on the passing of our daughter. Sorry that this is so short. But I am exhausted in all the areas of my life.
      Kenneth

5. William F. Torpey profile image72
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

My condolences, Ken.

William,
      Thank you much. God bless you.

6. favored profile image61
    favoredposted 8 years ago

Kenneth your family will be in our prayers (also concerning your health). Be assured Jesus understands your sorrow.  "A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief." Isaiah 53:3  "Low I am with you always." (Matthew 28:20)

Heavenly Father,
    Surround Kenneth and his family with Your love by granting them grace, strength and courage as they walk this difficult road. (Joshua 1:9)  Lord, I ask that you send them help in providing whatever they need, and cause them to be able to rest so they can think clearly. Give them wisdom as they make decisions and blessings beyond measure.

We thank You for Your loving promises and fully expect to receive the favor of Your peace that passes all understanding.

In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12876563.png

1. PegCole17 profile image92
      PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Amen. So very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear daughter. Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

PegCole17,
        Thank you kindly for taking the time to send me this sweet note. It means a lot to me and my family. Please continue to pray for us. God bless you.

favored,
      Thank you and God bless you, dear friend, for your thoughts, care, words, and warm prayers for us.
      And for reminding me of a few of God's ironclad promises.
      May He soak you from head to toe, inside out with His anointing and special touch on your life for you could be a wonderful ministry leader.

7. Adam Harkus profile image59
    Adam Harkusposted 8 years ago

Very sorry to hear that. Best wishes coming your way from North Shields, England.

Adam,
      Thank you for your kindness and concern. I return the Best Wishes and prayers back to you and yours from Hamilton, Alabama, in northwest Alabama.

8. wilderness profile image93
    wildernessposted 8 years ago

So sorry to hear this, Kenneth.  My condolences to you and your family and you will be in our thoughts.

wilderness
      Thank you for your care. It was shocking to say the least. We send God's richest blessings to you and yours.

9. Jesse Drzal profile image91
    Jesse Drzalposted 8 years ago

My thoughts are with you, Kenneth. I am so sorry to hear this. Please remember that you are never alone.

Jesse,
      Thank you for your note that really touched us. May God bless you richly.

10. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years ago

My condolences to you and yours.

Luis,
      Thank you so much for this sweet choice of words. May God smile upon you and yours.

11. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 8 years ago

Oh, Kenneth. My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry to hear this shocking news. I can only offer prayer that you and your family will be comforted, in time, by God's grace. I can relate on some level as I am recovering from grief myself, recently losing my sister who leaves behind a husband and four children. However, I know nothing compares to a parent losing a child, no matter how old the child. What will help the most is the love, support, and prayers of friends and family. One day at a time, in peace.

janshares,
      Thank you so much for this deep, moving note that I needed to read. You are truly a terrific friend and follower. I wish I could pay you all back, but until I can, I offer you this "Thank You Much."

12. clivewilliams profile image71
    clivewilliamsposted 8 years ago

Condolences and Blessings to you

clivewilliams,
      Thank you, dear friend. I needed to read this at the end of the day that my daughter was interred.
      God bless you.

13. colorfulone profile image79
    colorfuloneposted 8 years ago

I am sorry for your great loss, Ken. My condolences to you and the family and friends.

colofulone,
      Thank you, sweet spirit for these wonderful words. It is a rough time for us for sure, but you have helped make it brighter. God bless you.

14. lctodd1947 profile image81
    lctodd1947posted 8 years ago

I am sorry for your grief, there is no way I can fully understand how you feel, I am sure. But, I can pray for you and God can give you rest to carry on through this horrible loss. God Bless All of You.

lctodd1947,
      Thanks for your care for my family and me. And thanks for your prayers that we need. May you be blessed by God in a rich way.

15. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

Ken, so sorry for your family's great loss, will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

calculus-geometry,
      Thank you for your care and note. Thanks too for thinking of us. May God bless you.

16. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 8 years ago

As just one of the countless Hubbers, I urge you to come back soon and let us share in the healing process.  I send our love to you and yours.  This remains the realm of the living in which her husband and children need a fully available grandfather and as much normalcy as can be regained, and as soon as possible while still honoring her heritage.  She loved you all too much for it to become anything less, I am sure.

Persycacious
      Thank you for the invitation. I will consider this. I promise. Just give me a little time. I want to always keep her in my heart. I might even write a tribute hub about her.
      God bless you my friend.

17. belleart profile image82
    belleartposted 8 years ago

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Kenneth.  I do hope you come back to Hupages soon but for now just be with your family and grieve and know that the many wonderful hubbers and staff are with you.

belleart,
      Beautiful note. Thanks so much. God bless you.

18. JoanieMRuppel54 profile image74
    JoanieMRuppel54posted 8 years ago

You are a faith-filled person and for some reason, you have been chosen to bear many trials.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Joanie,
      Thank you for your sweet words. Yes, thank you for keeping us in your prayers. God bless you.

19. Jacqueline4390 profile image82
    Jacqueline4390posted 8 years ago

So sorry for your loss and may you find the strength to endure.

Jacqueline4390,
      Thank you, my friend, for your care. God bless you.

20. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 8 years ago

The worst possible grief in the world, and very sad for all. Wishing peace and strength for you.

Rochelle,
      Amen. And thanks for your prayers. God bless you.

21. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

Kenneth, you are in my prayers for strength and healing. May God bless and keep you and yours in the Light of His Love and Guidance.

Phyllis,
      Thank you, dear friend, for the prayers which are not just appreciated, but much-needed. I appreciate YOU.

22. ladybluewriter profile image68
    ladybluewriterposted 8 years ago

I think of you as a special person Kenneth, and I too have lost one of my children. I am sorrow to hear what you have gone through.  She is in your heart always Kenneth, and never forget the times and love you guys had for each other. Be strong, and remember that your supporters on hub pages follow you for a reason, because we feel you are a special person. You will know that your daughter one day will see you again. That is my faith, and I hope you have that too.  Any time you need my friendship then you know I respect you as a writer.
    ladybluewriter

ladybluewriter,
      Nice to meet you. You too, are a special person by sending a note like this to me. I needed it very much. I will do as you ask and you just continue to pray for us. God bless you richly.

23. whonunuwho profile image53
    whonunuwhoposted 8 years ago

My friend I too have a daughter who has serious medical problems, is in her thirties and keeps my wife and I awake at night in worry. We hope that you and yours receive the Lord God's blessings and we will be praying for your family loss. We will miss you and your enlightening work and hope you return soon. whonu (David Rodgers and family)

whonunuwho,
      Thank you so very much for the tender wishes and prayers. Sure, we will pray for your daughter and that she receives a full healing.
      Thanks again, David. Love this note.

24. Jennifer Mugrage profile image70
    Jennifer Mugrageposted 8 years ago

So sorry to hear this, Kenneth.  What an ordeal.  My condolences and prayers join everyone else's.
    Jennifer Mugrage

Dear Jennifer,
      Thanks, dear friend, for your nice note. I cannot offer you much, but thank you from my heart. May God bless you.

25. LongTimeMother profile image93
    LongTimeMotherposted 8 years ago

Kenneth, what a tragedy for your family. Sending my love across the oceans.

You wrote: "She was 39 and had spent most of last summer with her husband and oldest daughter in the University of Alabama at Birmingham hospital for bacteria in her lungs."

Does this mean her husband and daughter were also patients in the hospital? Or were they there to support your daughter during her stay? I do hope your family is not worrying about other health issues at this time.

Thinking of you, Kenneth. Wishing you strength to deal with the sadness.

LongTimeMother,
      She was 39 at the time of her passing. She was a patient in UAB, Birmingham, Ala., during most of last summer. Her husband, oldest daughter, and my wife stayed out there and supported her.
      Thank you for your very warm note. I appreciate you.
      And God bless you.

26. Tricia Deed profile image87
    Tricia Deedposted 8 years ago

I am sorry for your loss. There are many bacteria which have caused deaths in the United States. Your message is a wakeup call to others to immediately see a physician.

Hi, Tricia,
      Thank you for your sympathies. God bless you richly for ministering to us. Yes, there are many bacteria in our atmosphere and anyone who is coughing a lot or cannot breathe in a normal fashion, I BEG YOU to see a doctor ASAP.
      God bless you, Tricia.

27. cherylone profile image88
    cheryloneposted 8 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)