Want some Online Support for a Dietary Detox?

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image78
    Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago

I'm actually doing this with some friends on another forum. Several of us are starting this Detox Diet on Monday, May 4th. Someone started a Healthy Eating, Healthy Workout Thread and we use it to share ideas, encourage each other, and yes, to vent and/or bemoan our shortcomings.

This is the Detox we're using:

"9 Day Detox

Food/Drinks Allowed:
    All fruits in any quantity
    All vegetables in any quantity, except: NO white potatoes or avocados
    Good sources of protein: chickpeas, beans, tofu, lentils
    Brown rice- two cups per day
    2cups of low-fat/skim/soy milk a day
    As much water as you like (add lemon/lime for taste)
    Oatmeal- one cup per day
    All herbs and spices
    6 ounces of low-fat yogurt- two times per day
    Four egg whites per day
    Two cups of herbal tea per day

Foods are ONLY to be eaten raw, grilled or steamed. You're allowed three tablespoons of low-fat (no white) dressing on salads per day. Small amounts of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) are fine."

There's no calorie counting or measuring portions. It's just meant to help you give your body a health jolt and help break the habit of consuming a lot of processed foods and meat. I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm trying to eat less meat and processed foods (for both health and environmental reasons).

I may cheat a bit on the "herbal tea" requirement and substitute a mix of green tea with herbal tea (and/or decaf green tea)--I HATE caffiene withdrawl. But my daily caffiene is usually just green tea without sugar or honey anyway (although I do drink regular soda once in a while--can't stand the diet ones).

Anyway, thought I would post this for anyone's who's interested and give you updates on how well (hopefully not how badly, lol!) I do once I start.

If you're interested and want to do it but can't start this Monday for whatever reason, feel free to bump this thread later if you decide to try it. :-)