jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

If you had a toxic boss but

1. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 3 months ago

the job paid really well ....
    Would you trade in your mental health & acid reflux for a different job somewhere else that didn't slowly kill you by a thousand cuts?

And if you do stay, how do you cope?

Setting limits?
    Derive your sense of satisfaction from within?
    Choose your battles wisely?
    Share the information that this boss needs to grow ?
    Share face time so you are considered a human being?
    Ask a lot of specific questions that force the boss to rationally approach the issue?

I'm getting these questions  from https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-succ … -bradberry
    Office Royalty, The Diva, The Stealth Bomber, The Whiner, The Pleaser, The Scandalmonger, The Outright Bully
    The last one is called  "The Seagull"   and for that one it takes the entire team in coordination to deal with.

Here are some other monikers for bad bosses;

1. threekeys profile image82
      threekeysposted 3 months ago in reply to this

All that...

And Im forced to deal with the "Seagull". What did linkedin say about that there? For me the end is nowhere in sight.

ptosisposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear that. sad, I hope you have better job someday.

No solution?

ptosisposted 3 months ago in reply to this

from the link
            "How to neutralize a seagull: A group approach works best with seagulls. If you can get the entire team to sit down with him and explain that his abrupt approach to solving problems makes it extremely difficult for everyone to perform at their best, this message is likely to be heard. If the entire group bands together and provides constructive, non-threatening feedback, the seagull will more often than not find a better way to work with his team. It’s easy to spot a seagull when you’re on the receiving end of their airborne dumps, but the manager doing the squawking is often unaware of the negative impact of his behavior. Have the group give him a little nudge, and things are bound to change for the better."

Okay...thankyou. See if we can do that somehow.

2. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 3 months ago

As a matter of fact, I did just that.  Packed the family and belongings into a U-Haul and moved across the country to escape a toxic job.  No job prospects ahead and only a month or so worth of cash, but did it anyway.  Never been so happy of a questionable decision in my life.

3. ptosis profile image77
    ptosisposted 3 months ago

Great! I'm so happy it all worked out for you!  Health is number 1 ,

working