How to get pregnant with PCOS?

1. urgency profile image60
    urgencyposted 4 weeks ago

Hi, there. I’m 34 and I have a very tough PCOS. I’m very much overweight and my arms and legs are very hairy. I took some hormone medicines to get rid of extra hair, but I felt very bad when I took them. The same story was with metformin. I know that if I reduce some weight, it would be easier for me to get pregnant. Now, I’m trying to exercise regularly and keep to a healthy diet. I did reduce some weight, but my periods are still very irregular. Is there anybody here with PCOS? How did you actually manage to get pregnant?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image86
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Good grief. Eat better. Read my hub about food combining. Your intestines are all clogged up and therefore your reproductive organs are static as well. Read about the Macrobiotic way of eating. Get books by George Ohsawa, Naburo Muramoto, and Michio Kushi.
      In a nutshell:
      Eat grains and legumes
      Avoid industrialized food and drink
      Use only subtle spices
      Eliminate coffee
      Avoid vegetables and fruits out of season
      Eliminate potatoes, tomatoes and eggplant from your diet
      Avoid and drinking while you eat.

There is a book called Zen Macrobiotic Cooking by Michel Abehsera which explains the ancient diet followed by Buddhist monks who lived long and healthy lives. This way of eating was introduced to the west by George Ohsawa in modern terms.

2. currant profile image62
    currantposted 2 weeks ago

Hi, OP! I was also diagnosed with PCOS and managed to conceive only after I have reduced some weight. I also have a close friend. She managed to conceive after an ovarian drilling. This surgery seems to be quite effective and loads of ladies manage to conceive after it. You can check some details at your gyny. Good luck at your pregnancy journey!

working