jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best cure for Hayfever?

1. mkhovu profile image59
    mkhovuposted 7 years ago

Summer is great. Who doesn't like out doors? More and more people are being limited by hayfever. Does anyone know the best cure for it?

2. dipless profile image87
    diplessposted 7 years ago

Live in a bubble or the antarctic wink

However on a serious note there was a resesrch paper, which tested pollen sensitive individuals, the research basically concluded that individuals who reacted to pollens didn't react to them when they were mixed in with honey! They advised eating honey every day to try and neutralize some of the symptoms, I am not a sufferer but my partner is and she says that it eases her symptoms, and it is easy to do with very little effects and no drowseyness as with a lot of anti-histamines so why not give it a try

Hope this helps

mkhovuposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks dipless. Someone had suggested local honey but it did't make much difference. The GPs always recommend the anti-histamines but as you so rightfully mentioned, they have several side effects and some only give a temporal relief. I am not so sure about the honey in terms of which one to take and how long would I need to take it in order to realise and benefit from its effectiveness.

I may need to find myself a bubble :-)

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Unfortunately, there is no cure sad

Some nasal sprays are good. I use Flonase and it does not cause me any side effects. I can't usually take allergy pills because they make me jittery and tired, at the same time.

Uninvited Writer thanks for your tips. It looks like a trial and error with all these varieties of drugs and herbs until one finds a better solution. I wonder what is it going to be like in the future as they are predicting even more hotter summers.

4. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Use masking tape to tape your eyes shut. Then do the same with your nostrils. Alternatively there's always gas masks.

I actually sat at a café in Lisbon one day with my son. The man sat at the next table was wearing a one.

Either he had some kind of respiratory problem or he was unaware that they're simply not that fashionable.

Hey Frogdropping, thanks for the tip but I may try a trip to the moon and see if that helps.

5. cindyvine profile image85
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Move to Botswana, so dry no hayfever there

I have never looked at it that way. I will try and explore the possibilities and possibly can learn a thing or two about their culture. My concern is having to frequently move due to this however maybe it may be worth having a home in all corners of the globe. That way I can continue working and holiday while enjoying good health.

Thanks for that tip Cindivine smile