jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Mental Health at Work

1. profile image61
    chrismelbposted 7 years ago

Hi All,

I am a PHD student in Psychology looking at the effects of Mental Health at Work. Id like to start a discusion on the effects work can have on our Mental Health. Do you think that work is impacting postively or negatively on your mental health?

1. dingdong profile image60
      dingdongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

May affect in both ways.

2. profile image59
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nahhh, I was mental before I started work smile

2. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

it depends on your work. I love my job..so it doenst have any negative impact on me. lots of peole hate thier jobs, and it really does eat away at thier lives. I dont think its worth it.

3. anujagarwal profile image72
    anujagarwalposted 7 years ago

It depends on the work and work pressure.
    If you have to work as usual, it is good for your mental health but when there is a continuous work-pressure, it starts affecting your mental health in a negative manner.

4. freelanceauthor profile image60
    freelanceauthorposted 7 years ago

It depends on how you percieve your work. Every work has pressure which may have some effect on mental health. But, if you look at pressure in a positive way like a challenge you need to overcome, then such pressure may even sharpen your mind and increase your mental health.

5. freelanceauthor profile image60
    freelanceauthorposted 7 years ago

It depends on how you percieve your work. Every work has pressure which may have some effect on mental health. But, if you look at pressure in a positive way like a challenge you need to overcome, then such pressure may even sharpen your mind and increase your mental health.

1. anujagarwal profile image72
      anujagarwalposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Work pressure can definitely sharpen one's mind and helps in learning new things. But when it becomes a continuous process for weeks and months, then there are more chances to have a negative impact on mental health.

working