What's your greatest fear?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 51 discussions (79 posts)
  1. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

You may or may not have a greatest fear of anything. A lot of people do. I have set up a survey hub for all those who would rather NOT post that publicly. But for those of you who don't mind, post away.
    I guess if I had to put anything at the top of the list, it would be a fear of failure at life. It's not that big a fear, but it is there. Here's the link for those who want to participate in confidence. Thanks
    http://hubpages.com/hub/greatest-fear-survey

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am terrified of something bad happening to my baby.  It keeps me up nights.

2. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I fear God.  That is all I fear.  lol

2. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

this is dumb, but I am realy scared of balloons, and I hate opening those refrigerator biscuits...Ihate when things pop or explode suddenly!!

3. RRRood profile image66
    RRRoodposted 14 years ago

My greatest fear is getting a call from the police that my son-in-law has killed my daughter, my grandson and himself.  He is abusive and mentally a mess from prescription drug and, I suspect nonprescription drugs.  He is very suggestible and you see these murder/suicide reports on the news all the time.  I hope I am way off base, but it is a mother's worst fear!!

1. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So it really pays to know a partner well before I get marry . Its really scarrrrryy.

4. HealthCare Basics profile image61
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Being caught in a fire and not able to get out.

1. lawretta profile image62
      lawrettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I dread scorpions. I can't stand it!

5. alekhouse profile image72
    alekhouseposted 14 years ago

having a heart attack

6. Bard of Ely profile image78
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I have a fear of heights and that used to extend to flying but I am over that phobia now. It is looking down from bridges, cliffs, buildings etc that I cannot handle.

7. Alberon profile image57
    Alberonposted 14 years ago

Jumping out of an airplane! My fear of heights has developed the last few years. Not to the point where it's getting crazy.. but well on the way.

8. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

That'll probably be the greatest film director there ever was, and that I'll outclass by far all the great ones I admire like Copolla, Scorcese and Spielberg. Thinking about it gives me goose bumps.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So get yer ass into the studio lol..lol

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which one, Universal or Paramount? Lol.

9. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

The thing that I fear most of all is outliving one of my children.

1. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. I'm also afraid of heights.

10. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

I fear that I am going to come to the Hubpages forums and see nothing but Religious threads...

~thranax~

1. profile image0

Ha.

or the same one ,beaten to death , whoever posted it must be a saddist

11. raiderfan profile image60
    raiderfanposted 14 years ago

a suppression of humor because people do not want to be challenged on their claim of morality.

12. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

No you have to have your own Studio!! smile

1. profile image0

I do. FieryVision. But you gotta get the big money back up.

13. Eaglekiwi profile image74

FireVision rolls off the tongue better,,no no

VisionFire because then promo,s trailers will look better and instantly recognisable with huge ...V.F Initials and flames shooting out ...

1. profile image0

How about RapidFire?

mmmm..sounds ok but too much a title of old movie

2. NZUNG SERAPHINE profile image59
        NZUNG SERAPHINEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

my greatest fear is failure.however i have come to realise that fear is an enemy of progress and iam fast overcoming it.
        http://hubpages.com/hub/Fear-is-the-Enemy-of-Progress

2. profile image0

How about RapidFire?

14. dingdong profile image58
    dingdongposted 14 years ago

While travelling in a bus over bridge, sometimes I fear that it would fall down!!!

15. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Used to be in marketing so has to be a something that will be easy to recognise and remembered for a long time

fire is good

1. profile image0

I got an IT Company, FieryVision IT Company. People luv the name. But I've been a bit hesitant to register a particular name my studio. Whatever I choose now, its gotta stick for all time!

16. Miss M profile image60
    Miss Mposted 14 years ago

How about this -IceCool Inc.. By the way..I'm scared of big dogs like bulldogs and spiders. But I'm not afraid to dissect stuff, unlike my friends.

17. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

would you dare to cut the eyes of cows up even....

18. Garrett McLee profile image40
    Garrett McLeeposted 14 years ago

Republicans.

Just kidding!

I'm afraid of not being able to breath.  It can be suffocation, drowning, or being in a confined space (thoughts lead to running out of air).

lol me too Republicans I mean

19. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 14 years ago

One of my all-time greatest fears is mediocrity.

Falling.  I hate the feeling of falling.

And losing someone I love.

20. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

Hey guys, a couple more responses would be great. (please) big_smile
    Thanks.

21. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I am scared of fanatics with bombs!
    They do not seem to have a brain that works anymore.

1. andromida profile image57
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. I think no country in the world can be safe as soon as
      we find a solution to fanatic bombers.

2. quicksand profile image81
      quicksandposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haaaaa! Even fanatics without bombs are deadly! lol lol lol

22. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

claustrophobia..

23. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

hydrophobia

24. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I have a couple of fears. Though I believe they'll be classed as phobias? Whichever - I feel scared so I'm going with fear.

Spiders and flying. Spiders make me cringe and want to turn inside out. And weirdly I have absolutely no fear with any other bugs/insects. Just arachnids. However, purely the fault of my dad. He did far too much spider throwing and spider chasing, with me when I was a child. I know the 'run away from spiders' reflex was set by him. Still, he did show me how much fun you can have with sticks.

And flying makes me want to crumble. I do fly. I will not allow my fear to keep me grounded. But ... I doubt I'll ever enjoy it. It's a means to an end. A horrible one in my opinion. And no, this one's not my dads' fault. He never chased me with a boeing or hid one in my bed ...

Dats what that long slurpy sticky tongue is for frogs...zappety the spiders
      http://tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:S_jNidUpwNGSiM:http://www.frogstore.com/images/D/n6101%262.jpg   smile

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

neutralneutralneutral *speechless* neutralneutralneutral

25. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Greatest fear, losing my child...scares me to death!

26. spiderpam profile image73
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

Bees and bumbs on trees.

27. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

That the extreme religious right will come to absolute power and purify the world through genocide for God.

28. Eaglekiwi profile image74

I fear Cockroaches,
    I hate they way they scurry
    I hate the way they can multiply ( did you know a female is impregnanted once and she lays eggs for a lifetime) wahhhhh...
    I hate they way they can see in all directions ,so escape well
    ( not anymore now that I know this)
    I hate their feelers,searching out for what -me? grrrr

I dont come into their home ,so they can stay outta mine!

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:pRUvEN5RGM1NmM:http://www.allpropestmanagement.com/american_roach.jpg

Do I have a Phobia ,probably I just learned they dont like the cold , Im checking out Iceland or Alaska..smile

Dont like anything that creeps, crawls, or scurries (except babies ,but they dont flit ,they only ... lol

29. 1twistedbaby profile image60
    1twistedbabyposted 14 years ago

I fear being alone for the rest of my life.  My family will always be there in some way or another, but I need companionship. This has led to some very bad relationships, that I hope to have learned from and some good ones that I will always remember and have a longing for.

30. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

My wife above all things on earth!

hahaha

31. sweigand profile image59
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

Being buried alive would not be an enjoyable experience. Being buried alive in a cubicle would be even worse.

32. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

I used to really worry that a grand piano would fall out of a 3rd story window and land on my head but now I'm mostly afraid of quicksand.

1. chukra G profile image59
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MY MIND

2. quicksand profile image81

Do not fear Quicksand!

Quicksand has spoken! smile

1. aka-dj profile image64
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice one! smile

1. quicksand profile image81

Thanks smile

33. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

scary things.

34. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

that I'll die without leaving any evidence that I was here

35. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

my children die.

36. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

I scared when my little 1yr daughter passing near electric switch board.

37. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Greatest fears are...
    being trapped in a submerged car.
    heights
    frogs.

38. CEN7777 profile image60
    CEN7777posted 14 years ago

My fear is snake bite. Even i cannot see a swnake for longer time in movies also.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Having been bitten, I can tell you it was no big deal for me. I know that may not help, but that was my experience of it.

39. Pamda Man profile image60
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

I fear death.

I think everyone fears it panda maybe those who don't fear it are those who want to commit suicide.

1. Pamda Man profile image60
        Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You just answered my riddle. smile Now then there's no point in this thread is there, since the topic is 'greatest fear'.

40. sequoiablessed profile image60
    sequoiablessedposted 14 years ago

I fear living forever, a life that never ends, one trial and tribulation after another, ad nausem. Let there be Peace ;-)

41. Chloe Comfort profile image60
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Being buried alive wit no way out! Nothing else scares me more.

42. Drew Breezzy profile image63
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

getting old

fell falling to death

43. Drew Breezzy profile image63
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

getting old

fell falling to death

44. ktowers profile image60
    ktowersposted 14 years ago

Im pregnant so i would have to say giving birth... My other fears are cancer and growing old

45. marshallengines profile image60
    marshallenginesposted 14 years ago

My family is my greatest treasure so I don't want to lose them.

46. dumbeth profile image60
    dumbethposted 14 years ago

my greatest fear is death and heights

47. Premiertimesol profile image59
    Premiertimesolposted 14 years ago

Greatest fear: I don't want to lose my family especially my two kids.

48. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I have a morbid fear of going blind, I have had it since I was about 9 and still have it, scares the hell out of me.

49. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I am afraid I will be hit by a car when crossing the street.  Several times I was almost hit and had to jump back onto the curb, so the fear is not completely unfounded lol.

50. racemels32 profile image62
    racemels32posted 14 years ago

My greatest fear is failing. A close sencond is sensoring myself so much for other people that I lose who I really am.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)