jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

A question for mothers

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

My daughter has tiny little bumps on her cheeks and it is as if her cheeks are dry and red all the time.  The skin is really rough.  She didn't start getting this condition until she was 6 months old and now she is 8 months old.  Has anyone had this happen to their child?  I have scheduled her a dermatologist appt.  I am just curious until then.

2. myra636 profile image60
    myra636posted 7 years ago

it might be contact dermatitis my daughter has that problem, I have to watch everything when she was a baby it was really bad, now I know no red food coloring no eggs and a few other things too, or it could just be very dry skin,

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Sounds like eczema to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

All three of my kids had it when they were babies/toddlers, but eventually outgrew it. Their's was pretty mild, but tended to be much worse in the cold of the winter.

Good luck with the baby!

4. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Eczema sounds likely.  My daughter had it and it vanished.  She's almost 10 now and it seems to have reappeared.

5. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

Thank you for your input, Mommies.  My pediatrician said it is probably eczema.  So, you guys know your stuff.

6. fierycj profile image85
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Mommies talking about their kids' health kills me. Really. Ok, so I've got a delicate side, shoot me!

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

BANG!

1. fierycj profile image85
        fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

He falls down, hands on his chest, blood gushing all over the damn place, and right before he closed his eyes, all he could think about were those damned eczemas on the kids skin.

Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Fierycj is always in character!

2. lrohner profile image84

In rushed the pediatrician. "De-eczemator!", he cried with his last breath. "This child must be saved. This child SHALL be saved."

brilliant stuff. You oughta join us - me, davina, sufi, marine in our Let's Make A Movie thread in the Entertainment forum.

You guys are the best!  Do we have a new screenwriter?

if she's in, why not. The studio execs are always riding my ass, lookin for fresh talent.

1. lrohner profile image84

I'm in! I'm in! Be right there...

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60

Sometimes I have to take a break from all the mobster-fun-stuff and talk about eczema.

7. 0
    iamqweenbeeposted 7 years ago

That sounds like eczema. The dermatologists will prescribe ointment, but, none worked for my children. I used regular oatmeal and medicated vaseline or lotion with oatmeal in it.

8. Plants and Oils profile image94
    Plants and Oilsposted 7 years ago

Try stuff called Oilatum in the bath, there is a children's version. Wonderful stuff, works a treat.

It is not available in the states, and expensive to order, but thanks for the advice.  You can get it here by prescription only.  Everything is by prescription here.

9. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

My sister's baby had eczema almost from birth - after a few weeks she found out she was overfeeding him. She stopped tickling him awake to feed more each time, and it cleared up within a week.

If this happened just as your baby started on solids, you might want to consult a naturopath for an opinion on the diet factor.

Jenny

I will do that. Thank you.

10. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

With my older one we were fighting eczema on his cheeks for several months I think, when finally another doctor diagnosed herpes. Went away in a heartbeat with a proper treatment. Did periodically return for several years though, but never was a big problem since, cause we already knew how to deal with it...

working