jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Acts of Kindness

1. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Have you done anything today that genuinely put a smile on someone's face? or have you been on the receiving end of someone's kindness?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image62
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I changed a particularly gruesome nappy, and that put a smile on my baby's face???

2. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

Yesterday was a horrible day for me.... we were told we had to leave our house in 4 weeks...... To cut a long shory short, I achieved 200 fans on hub pages, and received so many lovely comments from people who I do actually consider as my friends.  I went to bed in a good frame of mind knowing we will find a house soon and a new start will be great.  Little things do mean a lot xxxxxx

Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aaaaw Brenda.  I really hope you find a place on time and a place that's even better than where you are.  Good Luck smile

1. Balinese profile image59
        Balineseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Brenda- sorry  to heard this news-  any idea where  are you going to move ?

3. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Not today.  The only people I've run into today are the busy guys who are installing the town's new sewer system at the end of my driveway.  They've been knocking on the door all morning, and while they're nice enough, neither they nor I have made the other smile.   smile   My forum posts have been pretty business-like or otherwise serious too, so I don't think I've made anyone smile online either.  hmm  Usually, though, I'm pretty good about making people smile.  smile

Brenda, sounds like a crummy situation you've got there.  Fortunately (and over-used as this remark will be), it's not a matter of anyone's health.  When all is said and done, anything humans can control can always be smoothed out.  You're right - a new start can always be something to look forward.  Good luck with the immediate challenges.  smile

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I registered to be a bone marrow/PBSC donor smile They are having a drive at a church by my apartment, so my boyfriend and I walked over there. They can send you a kit at home if you want to register. www.marrow.org

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I find the greatest reward in random acts of kindness! I enjoy making people smile smile

6. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I try to have my kids smiling every day smile

7. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

I gave my full support and helpful guidance to a long time friend who wants to go back to college; he will be 50 soon and wants to be a psychologist. smile

Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nice one Violet. I wish your friend Good Luck.

8. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Thanks Davina and Dame Scribe.

A child's smile can melt a heart.

9. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 7 years ago

my ex-husband once gave me a piano because he wanted me to start singing again.  the idea was in having something that could sing along with me.

10. B.Z. Alixandre profile image78
    B.Z. Alixandreposted 7 years ago

I work in rural EMS for two different counties, but live in a big city a couple hours away (the commute is made up for with 24-72 hour shifts).  I love the people in the small towns I work in, but don't often get an opportunity to socialize with them.  This weekend, I got to spend several hours in both towns, just hanging out and shooting the breeze.  I can't remember the last time I had so much fun and smiled so much.  My job is kind of one of those things that people often interpret as noble and helping others and stuff, but, while I love it, am impassioned by it, thats not how I view it, and so it may not necessarily be a random act of kindness, but it was shared enjoyment, which everyone needs!

My husband worked EMS for years.  I think there should be a medal for you guys.  You are making me smile right now! lol

11. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I work as a CNA in a nursing home. Not a day goes by where i don't do an act of kindness. smile

There should be a medal for you, too.  Your work goes un-thanked, but I am here to thank you, right now. Thanks!

1. kmackey32 profile image81
        kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

smile well, Thank you!

working