jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Medication That Makes Your Eyelashes Grow

1. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I just heard about this medication the other day, and I have to say I think it should "win the prize" for "most stupid reasons to risk side-effects".  One of the side effects is that people with light eyes may develop brown spots on the irises.  Another one (may not be permanent) is darkened eyelids.  I don't know what the other side-effects are because I stopped listening after "brown spots on light eyes".  Would anyone even consider this stuff?  (I've always been happy enough with volumizing mascara.)

2. Triplet Mom profile image81
    Triplet Momposted 7 years ago

Funny I saw the same commercial and thought the same exact thing.  I think that Brooke Shields or someone like that was the spokesperson for the medication.  It is so inane I have to agree with you.

3. kmackey32 profile image83
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Yea I dont think I want brown spots. smile

1. beautyrose profile image59
      beautyroseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think our eye lashes is genetically inherited. To make it longer with the application only of some mascara.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

My lashes are about as skimpy as they come, but I've had no problem getting really good results with the right mascara.  My sister and daughter are the same.  (My son, on the other hand, has always had the most amazing "giraffe lashes".  Apparently, giraffe lashes skip a generation and only get passed to one offspring.  smile ).

1. 0
      dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes, and only the boys get it!!!!
      funny about this, I was just talking about this stuff to a friend..we think the same thing...stoooopid!!!!  My eyelashes are short, thin and blonde...invisible... They do thier job of keeping dirt out of my eyes just the same!

5. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

I have glaucoma (an eye disease) and have used drops for it for years - I have very long eyelashes and apparently it is a known side-effect!
    I don't recommend getting glaucoma just to grow long eyelashs - just stick some falsies on

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Maybe they discovered it makes eyelashes grow and started marketing it for that purpose in different dosages of something like that. I can't even believe it's legal for any drug to marketed for a stupid purpose like that.  roll

6. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

My sister used something similar.  If she wasn't very careful where she put the cream, eyelashes would sprout from ALL around the eye area.  It later got taken off the market as it was found to potentially cause blindness.  Oh, the vanity.

7. VioletSun profile image71
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

I saw the commercial recently, and was not in any way impressed to try something as dangerous as this. Reminds me of the liquids used to enlarge lips - what happens if it accidentaly touches the tongue? Yikes!

8. Mireille G profile image79
    Mireille Gposted 7 years ago

I would not care to try it either. For some reason I tend to think that taking a chance with your eyes is a pretty risky proposition.

9. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

It was originally a medicine for glaucoma, when patients began experiencing eye lash growth, they tweaked it and re-marketed it for that purpose. While I wouldn't take it, to each his own. Its like $90-$140 for like a 3 month application. But if you don't buy mascara the rest of your life, I dunno... maybe? But still not for me smile

1. Vee Rose profile image60
      Vee Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Definitely something I don't care to try.

10. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Half-witted thing to put on your eyes, I reckon!

I have thin, short, white eyelashes, and look like a rabbit. So I wear mascara (-:

11. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 7 years ago

does it work on scalps???

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't have FDA approval for that use. But it may as well could help, but would be quite expensive.