jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Swine Flu Vaccine Plot Against Vegans

1. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Predictions of a pandemic continue. The airwaves blast warnings: "Protect yourself! get the swine flu vaccine as soon as it becomes available."

The problem is, the vaccine is grown in EGGS. And as we know vegans do not eat any meat or animal by-products. This includes EGGS.

So the message to vegans is, tough luck. You don't matter. We don't care if you catch the swine flu and die.

I don't know who, but someone (or something) BIG is behind this diabolical plot against vegans. Why would an entire class of citizens be excluded from life-saving innoculation? What have vegans done to deserve such a callous fate?

If you share my outrage or have any further information about the parties responsible for this plot, please comment here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm assuming you're being satirical.  All flu vaccines are based on eggs, always have been.  That's why people who may be allergic to chickens or eggs can't have the vaccine, either.  If they could work out a way not to use eggs, they would.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They do use cell based vaccines, as opposed to egg vacines (for some conditions) but you would need to goggle this.

2. 0
        Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's what I was going to say.  LOL...  MM is turning over a satirical leaf (other than her usual subversive diplomatic self)!  wink

2. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think this whole thing is over hyped. The common flu kills a bunch of people a year but it is common so it is no big deal.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Good Lord, I just wanna know what the heck you eat besides salad and tofu being on a vegan diet and all!?

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
      goodfriendiamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL, @ 1rohner, that was funny.  but on a serious note I use to go to a  strict vegan club (they were very friendly and did not mind if you didn't follow there exact rules, but were trying this new vegan diet out) once a month and the food was rather good, and creative. We all had to bring a dish, and it could not include oil of any kind, no sugar, except stevia or some other natural kind of sugar, no white or brown flour (only oat barley, spelt etc and I can't remember all the guide lines but lets just say it was stripped of every thing good. I made a sweet potato casserole and used mashed bananas, and walnuts, and oatmeal on top, and it was good. Not real real good, but I could have ate it again if I had to. But thank goodness, I like my meat.

3. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Well, it could be worse. It could be swine. And that would prohibit Jews and Muslims too. MM dear, you don't need to eat it ya know? LOL
    On another note, maybe we could have them use fish eggs.

4. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

Take the vaccine.  The Swine Flu can be deadly.  Live tomorrow and you can forgive yourself for taking the vaccine.  Think of it this way, the eggs aren't fertilized.  So, you are not killing a baby chicken.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not just a pretty face is our Davina smile good advice

Hey look on the positive side, least you were informed.

5. Shalini Kagal profile image80
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

....and imagine, all those vegetarians having to down those gelatine capsules!! More conspiracy?? big_smile

6. blue dog profile image79
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

although i'm not outraged at the disrespect toward vegans, i do have a bit of info on the responsible parties:

and hanging on to what he's got:
    http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2009/04 … home-bacon

7. Mighty Mom profile image92

Well just to be clear (for those who may have thought my rant serious) I am not a vegan myself. Good Lord. I couldn't go without meat for a few days, but not without animal by-products!!

I just thought it would be fun to stir up some controversy and see if I could get anyone arguing that vegans are scumbags and deserve to die. Or maybe get some PETA activists on here rising to my defense!

Oh well.

Thanks for the heads-up. I should have known there was a key REPUBLICAN behind this. Rumsfeld. Wow. I would have guessed Cheney.

1. manlypoetryman profile image71
      manlypoetrymanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Shoot...I'm laughing...Mighty mom...and I didn't even participate in this one...Just sum'thing about hearing Rumsfield responsible for Swine Flu plot against vegans...with PETA coming to the defenz'...that I find slightly...hil-a-ri-ous!

8. Mighty Mom profile image92

LOL, Manlypoetryman! You'd better warn your little buddy there. I bet he's a vegan and so will not be able to get the vaccine. I worry that he may hobnob with the piggies on the barn and get himself infected!
    But at least he seems happy today. And for that, I am glad:-). MM