jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

I *hate* cold medicine!

1. yoshi97 profile image89
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

Yes, I am sick today, but I'm still here to ask the question ... why do they make cold medicine taste so awful?

I mean, you're already sick, why make it worse? Look at all of the artificial flavorings we have that make one thing taste like another and ask yourself ... why can't they make cold medicine taste good?

After all, they make Pepto Bismol taste good. If it weren't so expensive, I might even consider it as a beverage and keep a few bottle in the fridge. But this ... this cold medicine ... *Yuk!*

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

you're right, that stuff is horrible. i take it in pill form and sip a nice hot cup of tea with honey and lemon in it. try that, it might soothe you. i love the way Pepto Bismol tastes, but every single time i have ever ingested it, i threw it right up. maybe i am allergic to it.

i hope you feel better soon.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
        Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My sister and I both laugh about the same story:  At different times we told our mother we felt sick to our stomach.  Thinking she'd cure it, she gave us Pepto Bismal (which I don't happen to think tastes all that great, by the way  smile_ ).  For both us, what followed immediately was vomiting.   We joke that "the way it works" is to make you vomit and feel better.   lol   Our incidents, however, left us both not trusting our mother's "quackery" when it came to cures for illness.  lol

2. Luciendasky profile image78
    Luciendaskyposted 7 years ago

I have often wondered the same thing Yoshi. I hope you feel better soon!

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

I just went and picked up a new bottle of nyquil and agree with you 100%.

Hope you feel better soon.

4. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

My mom use to give me blackberry brandy w/honey - whoa, now that was nasty.

Just pinch your nose, and down the hatch smile

5. yoshi97 profile image89
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

I had brandy once ... the cure was worse than the cold. smile

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I hope you feel better.

7. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 7 years ago

Yoshi,  Ever think of trying naturals/herbals?  Do you have something like Sun Harvest where you live?  Go in and ask one of their staff what they recommend. 

I take homeopathics or Congaplex (thymus support) by Standard Process, but they have to be dispensed by a licensed provider.

Cosette PB made me throw up too when I was a kid.  Made me disinclined to try it since.

8. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Be thankful for what you have. When I was a lad it was Cod Liver Oil forced down your throat and mustard plaster or Vicks rubbed on your chest.
    If the medicine tasted too good the kids would drink it like pop, can't have that now.

9. 59
    PirateGirlposted 7 years ago

Would you rub some of that Vick on my chest, I have a bad cold smile

1. 0
      ralwusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I might rub yer chest but not wi' that chit! LOL