jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

"Health Workers Protest Flu Vaccine Mandate": CBS

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image34
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

This is yet another case of people protesting against something which is NECESSARY. IF HEALTH WORKERS ARE NOT VACCINATED AGAINST SWINE FLU, PATIENTS THAT DON'T HAVE SWINE FLU MAY BE INFECTED. Why can't people see/realize that?

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
      Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The only thing necessary is our constitional rights,..FREEDOM of Choice. How dare our government or W.H.O. to mandate this. I tell ya what, I will fight to my death before I let ANYONE jab that needle in me or my kids.

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image34
        fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

<snipped - no personal attacks in the Forums>

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, you'd better not catch it and spread it around.

1. LiamBean profile image89
          LiamBeanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hm. Would she voluntarily quarantine herself and her kids? What about everyone else's freedoms?

You know, the freedom to not die from the flu because some knucklehead objects to the vaccine. And I'm not naming names saying this.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago in reply to this

with freedom comes responsibility

2. kawendie profile image61
      kawendieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There are so many hospital born illnesses that making
      healthcare workers be vaccinated against swine flu is important.  I say this as a healthcare worker and a patient. By the time you feel ill from a virus, you have already passed it on. When a person is hospitalized due to illness, their immune systems are compromised.  If the person taking care of this patient passes on a virus like swine flu that patient is now at risk for a not so good outcome.  I understand the feeling of feeling a person's constitution rights are being violated but it was more important to me to not only protect the patients I serve but to protect myself as well.

2. edguider profile image60
    edguiderposted 7 years ago

Where did you read this on CBS? Cannot find an article on this "Health Workers Protest Flu Vaccine Mandate"

3. mkott profile image79
    mkottposted 7 years ago

With freedom comes responsiblity but not everyone one is up to the task. 

Health care providers need to take the vaccine.  There are many illnesses that reside in hospitals why then subject patients to the flu.  I know nurses and doctors that come in contact with hundreds of people a week.  If one nurse is sick and comes into contact with 20 people in one day and they in turn come in contact with 20 people, etc.  Do the math?  It would really irk me if I went to the doctors office for a gallbladder problem but came home with the flu.  Now I'm sick and miss work etc all because one health care worker didn't do the right thing.

4. RNMSN profile image90
    RNMSNposted 7 years ago

the really weird thing to me is that since I started getting the flu shot (misnomer/should say flu vaccine) anyway I feel better all year long!! I used to be able to count on a week off every jan or feb just from flu/bronchitis or something, even after I stopped cigs...now with the vaccine I dont get sick...also remember, the antbodies your body builds up from the vaccine stay in your body forever...so the many different strains of flu vacc you receive? the more protected you become...pretty cool, eh?