jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (23 posts)

1. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

When somebody does something you're not happy with, do you hold a grudge for long or do you get over it and move on?

I generally get over things fairly easy. Sometimes it may take a little longer than others, but I rarely hold a grudge for long.

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

move on but want to induce physical harm big_smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I move on, no reason to hold a grudge. life moves on.

I miss janetta, hope she is doing well!

2. wesleycox profile image83
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

It depends on what was done.  I have the memory of an elephant when someone does something terrible to me.  I may forgive the transgression in time but I'll never forget and I'll be more guarded with that person.  Other more minor infractions are easily tossed out.  If it was a spouse I am a lot more forgiving of that.

3. edguider profile image60
    edguiderposted 7 years ago

I am very much the same way but it takes time. I have held grudges for years and later realize that it was stupid!! I try not to hold grudges anymore it just makes everything worse, it is easier and less stressful to forgive.

4. zadrobi profile image61
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

Forgive but don't forget.

5. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I just move on. Once the moment of anger is done, I'm done with letting it bother me. Bad times are only alive in our memories. I'd rather read a good book than sit around simmering about something that's done and gone.

Someone been upsetting you Janetta?

6. 0
    A Texanposted 7 years ago

I still won't watch the Dallas Cowboys because Jerry Jones fired Tom Landry, that was 1989. He fired him while Tom was playing golf, what kind of man fires a legend Like Tom Landry while he's on the golf course?

I guess I hold a grudge for awhile.

I'm pretty sure my not watching hasn't hurt their revenue.

7. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

A Texan--I can understand your grudge! lol

No, Froggy, nobody upsetting me, just wondered if anybody else got over things as quickly (sometimes hehe) as I do. smile

1. frogdropping profile image86
      frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good to know smile

8. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

When someone gives a personal lesson in meanness to a critter or to a person, that someone shouldn't be surprised if the student learns their lesson. But on the whole, I do my best to let it go. I don't squat with my spurs still on and my gloves are left on the pommel.

Ha! There's one right there ralwus! Wonderful smile

9. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Haha FD, you are so jumpy funny! I dropped that one just for you. LOL

Pearls before swine ralwus ... pearls before swine tongue

10. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

I thought Miss Piggy quite becoming in pearls. Would look nice on frogs too. Got to split now, have fun all. Hold no grudge for all time now.

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I hold grudges at the drop of a hat. I'm really bad about it. However, I work very hard at letting go and moving on. Odd that I should find this thread. Yesterday I had some extremely upsetting news from someone who was once very close to me.

So I held grudge, took a hammer and destroyed everything that person gave me. Took all the valuable gifts and memorabilia and gave it to a thrift store. Then I went to dinner with a friend and we bitched all night.

Good a good night's sleep. My house is clean. I think I'm fine now.

May not be exemplary conduct, but after being through so much betrayal and not knowing about it for a year, I feel better now.

1. 0
        Janettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

well at least you destroyed YOUR stuff and not theirs!! yikes

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
          Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, I didn't word that right. There were some little gifts that were ceramic-like, that I was given by the person, and took a hammer to them. All the rest went to the thrift shop. The betrayal was also about being used, deceived, etc. for a year or more.

But I'm done. No more worries.

11. 60
    Bsmoothposted 7 years ago

It takes a lot for me to hold a grudge but when I do.... I'm holding one right now and I'm trying to think of the best way to hurt this person back

12. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I'm pretty understanding; and I have to say when someone I know has done something it's not usually because they intended it -  so I don't hold a grudge.  If someone I don't know does something (like some stranger at the grocer store) it's a small thing, so I don't hold a grudge. 

On the other hand, if someone intentionally does something that hurts my kids there will be a lot more than a grudge for them to deal with; and I wouldn't think twice of devoting the rest of my life to seeking revenge (that's within the law, not outside of it).  If there's a job to be lost at stake, a professional license, a reputation, or anything else; I'd be out to create as much damage and loss for them as possible.

13. 0
    poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

i don't hold a grudge, i move on, but if possible if i lose trust in that person, move a w a y from them as well as on, in my own life.  some people are just trouble makers, i can do without that in my life

1. 0
      BIKTMIAposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I never hold grudges, because my life is pretty great. I enjoy others a lot and say in mind maybe the person is just having a bad day.  I enjoy isolation like a hermit so , I avoid a lot.

14. 0
    annvansposted 6 years ago

I try my best not to hold a grudge, cuz if I do...I only hurt myself I guess.