jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Classic muscle-building workouts

1. DeeTeeuk007 profile image59
    DeeTeeuk007posted 7 years ago

Muscles under fire: quads, glutes, inner thigh, core
    With a bar-bell on a rack at chest height, take the weight across the back of your shoulders, grasping the bar to your sides with your feet in a shoulder-width stance. Dismount the bar from the rack and bend your knees to lower yourself until you thighs are just past parallel to the floor. Extend knees and hips until your legs are straight. Keep your head up and back straight throughout the movement and ensure your knees are in line with your feet. Perform 4 sets of 5 reps with 2 ½ minutes rest.

Tough love: front squat
    Hold the bar across the top of your chest and shoulders, crossing your hands to hold it in place. Perform as normal, making sure to keep your elbows up to keep the weight secure. Because the bar is less stable it forces you to adopt perfect form, while keeping your torso erect increases the focus on your abs.

2. BodybuildingBuddy profile image60
    BodybuildingBuddyposted 6 years ago

Front Squats are amazing for building muscle, as well as correcting common posture issues.  If you get injured while doing back squats you should switch to front squats and single leg squats, because they are great for you.

The dead lift is also one of my favorite "classics" for building slabs of muscle all over.

3. sportyfunster profile image80
    sportyfunsterposted 6 years ago

Heavy deadlifts just sap the energy out of me and it works all the muscles.

4. ngedigg profile image59
    ngediggposted 6 years ago

muscle is like baby. need soft treatment to make big and beautiful

1. donotfear profile image91
      donotfearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you totally. I found the Curves workout system,for women, to be a complete body workout without the burning and hurting of the heavier body building equipment. I'm toned, but not bulky, still got femininity about me. Different strokes for different folks.

5. Lukos007 profile image60
    Lukos007posted 6 years ago

Leg workouts are definitely the toughest for me. You would think that for a set of muscles you use everyday for walking and running sometimes, it should not be that difficult but for some reason I just feel so weak after I work legs. I dread it every time.

6. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 6 years ago

front squats hurt you alinement not help!!!

7. almurray profile image88
    almurrayposted 5 years ago

Front squats are awesome. Work the body a little more than traditional back squats.

Deadlifts, Clean and Jerk, Snatch, Hip Swings or any kettlebell moves.

Classic moves for more muscle and less fat. The old ones are the best.

8. EPman profile image60
    EPmanposted 5 years ago

Leg day at the gym is the most intense day of the week!!

Squats are unbelievably taxing on the body. I love how every muscle works to support the barbell on your back! Every single inch of my thighs are wiped.

Deadlifts are phenomenal. Such a testosterone-boosting exercise. I unfortunately have had to take it easy with them due to a couple unfortunate injuries.

1. 60
      snoweposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i think in making you arm build muscle only with a bar-bell on a rack at chest height, take the weight across the back of your shoulders, grasping the bar to your sides with your feet in a shoulder-width stance.It can help you to build your ideal muscle...

9. rcrm89 profile image76
    rcrm89posted 5 years ago

Rippetoe's Starting Strength is very good.