jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Are you suffering from psoriasis?

1. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 7 years ago

Just get a tan and swim in the ocean...can't get anymore natural than that!

It's worked for me my entire life!

Oh, and stay away from toxic people who cause a lot of stress!

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image77
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ocean is too far from my place.

1. NewYorker profile image79
        NewYorkerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. 0
      Ghost32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sounds good if doable.  However....  I don't have it, but my wife suffers severely.  Is currently using a prescription antibiotic after we nearly didn't get to the doctor in time to keep her alive (worst infected areas are in and around her ears). 

She can't tan, being a redhead with lupus and subject to sun poisoning if outdoors for more than a few minutes at a time.  Too disabled to swim, and nothing but sand (and clay) (and thorny mesquite bushes) around here anyway.

We do keep her away from toxic people as much as possible--for example, we live off grid, no power lines, no really close neighbors--and that does help some.  But things that wouldn't affect you or me = humongo stress to her.  Mental illness doesn't help that in the least.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Not that I am suffering, but yeah, I have quite a lot of it. smile I too want to move to a shore Wendi, yet can't without leaving the family behind. sad

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image77
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you really wish, you can.

Jyoti Kothari

1. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, sure I can. If I was alone, I would have moved long ago. Yet my wife does not want to move, so between beach and family I choose family smile

3. 60
    franki79posted 6 years ago

No, or should I say no yet? It's heredetary, it my sister and my mom both of it. Stress is an ever prensent part of my life at the moment and I don't see that changing any.
      Guess I will deal with it as and when it comes (talking both about the pseriosis and the stress

4. Freda Raffeal profile image59
    Freda Raffealposted 6 years ago

My friend says that psoriasis also results due to excessive stress. Is it true?

1. itcoll profile image60
      itcollposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah.it actually aggravates itch.

5. dinkan53 profile image78
    dinkan53posted 6 years ago

psoriasis is a chronic skin disorder of unknown etiology. It occurs at any age without sexual predilection. It predominently affects the extonsor parts of extremities and lumboscaral area of trunk.

1. 0
      Ghost32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hunh.  My wife gets it anywhere and everywhere on her body.

6. 0
    sarah dawkinsposted 6 years ago

I did suffer from it, till I reduced my stress, got out in the fresh air and sunshine and started eating healthily.

I have since looked into it for a colleague and found that Vitamin D3, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and sunshine are all good for it.

7. ferhad profile image60
    ferhadposted 6 years ago

Hello all ,I am member in this site ,well I like you be my follower in my page thanks ferhad

8. Jewshavemorefun profile image59
    Jewshavemorefunposted 6 years ago

Mine can get pretty bad if I'm severly stressed but generally it's quite managable. When I was in Greece for two weeks my skin looked the best it's ever been. Sadly I live in Scotland so going for a swim in the sea and getting a tan aren't really options for me. I just use a lot of aqueous cream and try to save so I can flee the country for hotter climates once I've finished my university course.

9. True Cures profile image60
    True Curesposted 6 years ago

Psoriasis is a fungus allowed to exist because of an autoimmune weakness and aggravated by eating carbohydrates and sugars.

You will find over the counter fungicides like Tinactin and Lotrimin more effective than any prescription medicine.  Use them as directed for treating jock itch or athletes foot which is usually twice a day. 

When the fungus is dying it will want to crack so keep it moist with olive oil or even bag balm. Olive oil is better because it won't seal out the next application of fungicide. 

When the rash is gone, keep applying the fungicide for a week or more because there will be fungal spores remaining that can restart the whole rash again.

Enjoy your relief.