jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Care givers: monitor your patients via mobile phone any where you are.

1. russellwnentwich profile image61
    russellwnentwichposted 6 years ago

What happens when you are “monitoring” and something goes wrong? Are we to believe that the caregiver by being able to “monitor” the situation will be able to help from the cell phone! I think not!

Furthermore for the record I am not a fan of this cell phone revolution; pick your head up off that tiny screen and look around, enjoy what’s happening around you, ignore the next text, put the phone on silent, and don’t ignore people actually in your presence when faced with the possibility of texting a reply.

1. starme77 profile image84
      starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ditto - yeah I like that ...you said it man

2. Rpenafiel profile image76
    Rpenafielposted 5 years ago

Depending on the cell phone, caregivers can really make this technology an ally in monitoring the safety of their patients. I’m specifically referring to cell phones that have emergency SOS button, which can immediately call for help in times of need. Cell phones with this feature can usually store five pre-programmed numbers such as 911 and other people who can possibly extend an immediate help.

3. fit2day profile image81
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

There are those times when someone falls and they're found lying on the ground for days, so it could be a good thing. I will agree that there's too much dependency on cellphones though. I don't know how often I've walked past someone who pulled out their phone just to look like they were texting or calling. Technology has made distant communication incredible, but it has taken away from face-to-face interaction.

4. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 5 years ago

Like every tool is the use that we make to say if it is useful or not. And obviously it depends on the situation. Your reflection is right, but probably is right also the contrary.