jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Makeup Trends - Do You Know What's Right For You?

1. Lisa Petrarca profile image74
    Lisa Petrarcaposted 8 years ago

Make up seems to change as frequently as the seasons. One minute you have to have smoky eyes and light colored lipstick. Then you hear that natural eye makeup with red lips is the must have look!
    I have learned that to always look your best, you should accentuate your best feature. If you have light colored eyes, then you should use a shadow in browns, coppers, earth tones and mauve's. With brown eyes, you can go with peaches, grays, and natural tones. If you have incredibly full lips, you will want draw attention to your lips by using reds, mauve's or dark tones. You would then go with a more natural eye. I have found that using the perfect color of bronzer, depending on your skin tone, always seems to help people look bright and refreshed.

The most important thing to remember when choosing makeup is to know if you have yellow skin tone or pink skin tone. This will help you choose the colors that will enhance your face, rather than wash you out. Once you have decided what your base color is, it makes it a whole lot easier to choose your makeup in the future.

If you are younger, it is easier to go with the latest makeup trends, however, as you age, you need to tone down your makeup. We've all seen the older ladies who look like clowns! Remember, natural is always the best route to take. Makeup is there to hide your flaws and enhance your beauty. Stop hiding behind your makeup, and show the world how beautiful you are! The modern face of today is about your own natural beauty.

2. livelonger profile image90
    livelongerposted 8 years ago

You should put this kind of stuff in a hub - it's all great useful info.

Lisa Petrarcaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I added it along with some pictures...take a look!

3. ripplemaker profile image89
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

I'm not much of a make up girl.  Livelonger's right...its quite useful for girls like me...curious, do you also know how to put on stage make up?  Or is that altogether a different thing? :-)

Lisa Petrarcaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I do know how to apply stage makeup and it is a little different due to lighting issues (always needs to be heavier and usually requires false eyelash application also.)  I will post it to a Hub now that I know how!

Thanks for your comments.

4. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Absolutely - write this in a Hub!  That's what I was thinking as I read your post.  Include some good photos and maybe some video clips with "how tos"

5. Lisa Petrarca profile image74
    Lisa Petrarcaposted 8 years ago

Thanks Steph!  I'm new to this site and just getting the hang of it, I appereciate the feedback.