jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (13 posts)

How can I tell if I'm having a mid-life crisis?

1. MonsterMuncher profile image60
    MonsterMuncherposted 6 years ago

What are the symptoms, whats the average age? Is there a cure? Has anyone gone through this?

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

---It happens to me every Monday at 7:30 am sharp, wnen I open my eyes and realise that I still have .... years to retirement and I have to get up and go to work.
      No cure, sorry. Just keep busy. It will go away.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 6 years ago

Well my brother is at that stage. It hit him as soon as he hit 40, a few years ago. He started with the compulsive buying of unnecessary items, and talked about getting a motorbike and all that.

3. R P Chapman profile image59
    R P Chapmanposted 6 years ago

if you're growing a pony tail and looking longing at Harley Davidsons, it's just kicking in!

4. steffer profile image56
    stefferposted 6 years ago

If you have an unexplainable desire to buy  motors, sports cars, going out and above all getting beautifull woman like when you were 16, guess what, you're there

5. sannyasinman profile image82
    sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago

You don't look old enough to have a mid-life crisis, that is unless you only expect to live to 60 smile

1. MonsterMuncher profile image60
      MonsterMuncherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol. I'm almost 36 and yes, early 60's would be my guess. I am doing a lot of what you guys are saying though which is scary. Such as going out all the time, all my friends are early 20's and yes, I'm chasing the girls again (not women...girls as in 19-25 year olds!! aarrgghh!!!!!

1. sannyasinman profile image82
        sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nothing wrong in chasing the girls. I still do . . . .just can't remember why any more smile

6. Wonder_Woman profile image61
    Wonder_Womanposted 6 years ago

im 22 and i think im having some type of mid life crisis ...

7. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I think it is when you want to buy those ugly little sport cars like porshes and corvettes. *gag* those cars are ugly to me! lol

8. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

One clue is that you're asking if you're having a mid-life crisis. You just got to tough this out I guess.

9. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

It's about time Monster, right about time LOL. Don't freak out buddy, have fun. And young girls are sweeeeet wink

10. Jery profile image61
    Jeryposted 6 years ago

It's when you start to realize life has an end, and it's in sight. You are starting to have aches and pains, and maybe seem to be losing a step.

You know when you're 16 and someone says you'll die one of these days and you think yeah-right. When you get to the mid-life crisis age and someone says that to you, you know they're right.

When I was in my late 30's and had just went through a divorce I had a 20 year old girl friend for a few years, and went back to college, I guess that was my crisis time.

But hey, 20 year old girlfriends aren't too bad, nor are sports cars and Harleys. lol