jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

1. MonsterMuncher profile image60
    MonsterMuncherposted 6 years ago

Does anyone have any cures for hangovers that actually work??

1. 0
      Scott.Lifeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hangovers are a result of poor blood circulation and dehydration. In the Marines we would get a corpsmen to hook up an IV commonly called a banana bag. Also we would drink a class of water for every beer, this really helped cut down on hangovers, stay hydrated dude, alcohol pulls the moisture out of you especially liquor.

2. heart4theword profile image62
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

I'm sorry I don't know, I can honestly say I have never had a hang over.  But I have heard they are horrible!!  Coffee is what they always do on t.v. I'm sure your over it by now?

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Be self-responsible and don't drink to get drunk.

Drink socially.

Some people drink to get drunk, so they can pass out later. I know, I use to do that.

Then, I started socially drinking.

Then quit drinking all together.

It's up to you how you feel in the morning.

Self control might be helpful.

Just a thought.

4. Sexy jonty profile image60
    Sexy jontyposted 6 years ago

They are incredibly dangerous ..... I have kept away from them for long .....

5. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

take a vicodin or have a morning alcoholic beverage or dont drink too much the night before

6. 0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago

I have a glass of wine every other day and a coctail on special occasions, I really cant drink due to my meds..so I only ever have one if I do have an alcoholic beverage, plus I only have one kidney that works at 100 percent capacity

7. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Sausage & Egg McMuffin and full fat coca cola - it works every time!  The sugar and caffeine gets you going again, and there is something in coca cola that helps you stop feeling sick.

For the very brave (as it will make you feel worse initially) try a slug of Fernet Branca (aromatic spirit from Italy).  Some friends of mine swear by a Bloody Mary.

The other alternative is don't sober up!  LOL smile

8. 60
    buffalo wingposted 6 years ago

don't know of a good cure--for me , I must get up and get moving to get the blood flowing--If i lay in bed, it lingers all day

9. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 6 years ago

make sure you drink two large glasses of water before bed, with 2 extra strength advil, if you can, take two more around 4 hours later, usually 4 in the morning and that is a good cure.  if you forget, eat a lot of bananas, they seem to help for some reason.  or a ceasar, or a beer with a V8 in it, and lots of bacon.  having a drink in the morning is sometimes helpful, like a shot of brandy or something.  not that I do this often, but I was a crazy youngun at one time...smile  the cause is the cure after all...hope you feel better.

10. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

Loads of water, a brisk shower and a walk in the fresh air.  And a fry up with plenty of coffee.

11. Minnaloushe profile image77
    Minnalousheposted 6 years ago

Gatorade, Advil. Swearing you'll never do it again :-)

12. sannyasinman profile image83
    sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago

I gave up alcohol 10 years ago, and I've never had a hangover since. I'm cured!

13. soni2006 profile image48
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

I am having a hangover right now and I have not drunk since last few weeks. I think I am having it because of absenteeism. I will have two drinks today to get over my without-drink hang----over.

14. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 6 years ago

Ice cold orange juice works for me.