Sleep Paralysis

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (25 posts)
  1. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Why's this in christianity, prayers forum ? Jews, hindus and muslims don't get sleep Paralysis ? yikes

1. nowisthetime34 profile image59
      nowisthetime34posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so . That may work with you. I cure myself without the aid of someone I don't believe in. !

2. tantrum profile image60

Well now it is in Health ! lol

2. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I actually saw a movie on this not to long ago (can't remember the name of it) but it was interesting as I had not heard of this before.

3. NaomiR profile image76
      NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Yes, I've experienced this. Sometimes when I'm really tired and sleeping on my back, I wake up and can't move. I can finally move my finger or eyelid a little bit and then I can eventually move for real.

I know some people see things when they have this, but I never have. I do hear noises, though. Usually, I hear growly sounds or low conversations as if people are discussing me. It's weird.

The last time I experienced this, I thought to myself, "It must be sleep paralysis." And then I woke up! That seemed to help me snap out of it.

4. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years ago

I have exerience sleep paralysis since I was a child.  During this state, I experience horrifying nightmares that feel too real. 

Sometimes I will have an Incubus on top of me, or a Leprechaun standing next to my bed, right next to my head. I try desperately to get out of bed and run, but I can't move a muscle.  I try desperately to scream, but my voice is gone.
      It's terrifying.

I remember once a little green hideous being was walking toward me as I was lying in bed.  My first reaction was to throw the covers off and run! But the covers seemed to be made of granite, and I couldn't move a muscle. The being proceeded to walk right up to the bed, and grab my face.  Not being able to move or scream for help, I passed out.

Sleep paralysis happens when we are in deep sleep and REM at the same time.

Deleted

1. getitrite profile image70
          getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sure it's not what is described in that outlandish video I just watched.  This is a serious affliction, and this superstitious nonsense is an affront to anyone suffering from sleep paralysis.

Demons??? This is the twenty-first century.  Could we please try to remember that! 

But thanks for your concern about people who suffer with this.

Incredible, someone believing this !

Deleted

if you want to know what you're dealing with ,you should hear all the opinions, not only the ones you like.
                And I'm here because this is a free forum, and if I want to comment I do. If you don't like it don't read me .

Deleted

EXCUSE ME !! ??
                    If you open a thread it's because you want pople to comment, it I think. How can I comment on the topic without talking directly to you ?
                    Do you know what a forum is ?  Because this is what it is: Commenting and debating
                    You shouldn't have open a thread then .

Deleted

5. hoodieweather profile image60
      hoodieweatherposted 14 years ago

I hate having sleep paralysis! My last episode was about two months ago. It was not fun. I always feel like I can't breathe and it scares me!

sad

6. Niteriter profile image60
      Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Tantrum, I follow you around the forums because you make sarcasm a splendid work of art. My obtuseness has got the better of me on this one.

lol
        this is about a decieving thread.
        I'm sure you noticed big_smile

7. getitrite profile image70
      getitriteposted 14 years ago

Tantrum,

But this thread was somewhat deceiving.  It appeared to be a forum to discuss the topic of Sleep Paralysis--but it's in the religious forum.  That should have been a red flag.

I noticed that of course. My first post says so.
        that's why I came back to discuss. I don't like deceivers.

8. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Sleep Paralysis is not supernatural sorry to burst your bubble. I think you need to go talk to a real doctor about the situation. yes there may be demons in the world but that isn't the cause of sleep paralysis.

9. Niteriter profile image60
      Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I still like your splendid sarcasm.

thanks ! smile
        but I don't use it all the time.
        Sometimes I'm serious,as when somebody has a serious problem.
        not the case of this thread !lol

10. profile image0
      TMinutposted 14 years ago

This used to happen to me a lot. It's not happening while you're asleep, it's just as you're switching - for me it's always when I wake up. I used to think I had almost died because my lungs felt deflated and I couldn't move to get a breath. I'd try to call one of my kids in but of course, I couldn't. Once I got "used to it", I was able to go back to sleep, it never happened twice in a row. Other times I would concentrate all my effort on moving one finger. If it worked, I soon came out of it.

Apparently it happens because while we're sleeping, our motor connections are "turned off" so that we don't act out our dreams; in people experiencing sleep paralysis, we wake up before we're reconnected. It's terrifying!

Only once have I had any of those feelings of evil - when it started I attributed it to having read about it somewhere once. The extreme feeling of a presence of intense evil grew so much that it scared me beyond terror though, I automatically did what I had read or heard about and prayed "Jesus" a few times and it vanished immediately. Still don't know what to make of that, I'm rather annoyed actually. As far as I know, it's a biological phenomenon so why that had to happen, even if just once, I don't know.

1. getitrite profile image70
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's perplexing. Why do you think prayer helped?

11. profile image0

I just read mr voodoo's post on it again, I commented there before. This time it struck me, the word 'instinctive'. That's how the prayer came about, just crying out Jesus in terror in my mind is not what I think of as prayer but whatever. It's just what I did and everything stopped immediately so no complaints from me!

12. profile image0

By the way, I hope someone will respond to tantrum's comment about people of other religious beliefs that wouldn't think about Jesus, what happens then?

Anyone experienced the whole evil/terror/demon feeling that doesn't know a Jesus religion?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)