jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

The Goverment Mandates No Health Insurance Citzen Gets Fined....

1. 0
    mdawson17posted 6 years ago

Currently our politicians are deciding our future in health care! In the current health care reform pakage one of the stipulations is that all Americans must have health care and if they do not the uninsured indivdual will be fined a minium of $2,500.00.

In your oppion is this a violation of our Constitutional Rights?

1. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of law. The federal government does not have the authority to impose such a mandate upon the American people. The powers granted to congress are clearly spelled out in Article 1 Section 8 of the constitution.

That being said, it's never stopped them before! I urge you to call your congressman today as they will be voting on this bill today or tomorrow, and remind them of their oath to uphold the constitution and vote against this massive confiscation of wealth and power from the American people!

2. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe the fine is a little far fetched how many Americans today have that laying around to give the government? Don't we give them enough already? I guess this would be a way to re-coup what they gave to the banks and the car companies.smile

2. free4india profile image60
    free4indiaposted 6 years ago

I don't think it would be violation since you will only be fined and not jailed.

3. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 6 years ago

The House vote on Speaker Pelosi’s government health care bill is set for Saturday morning. She is scrambling to buy off recalcitrant Democrats on two of very issues that Rep. Joe Wilson and other House Republicans called out the White House for: abortion and illegal immigrant coverage. The wheeling and dealing is taking place behind closed doors. Once again, the Democrats who promised transparency are breaking their own promise to publish the final bill publicly 72 hours before the vote.

1. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No suprise there! This has been the hallmark of this administration. Pushing bills through quickly before anyone can see the greedy power grabs!

Look at the stimulus bill which included money to set up some of the health care bureaucracy! It's criminal but all Americans can hear is "Free" Health Care!!

It isn't free if it comes with chains!!!

1. 0
        mdawson17posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are evry right their is always strings attached to anything when it comes from the powers of our goverment!!!!

1. 0
          mdawson17posted 6 years ago in reply to this
  4. 0
    Scott.Lifeposted 6 years ago

here's a side note if you can't afford insurance how will you afford the fine? If you can't pay the fine, then what, debtors prison?...Wait a second we already revolted against this kind of system once when was that, 1776....

1. 60
      lasbenolsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

well put sir thank you

2. pennyhowington profile image61
      pennyhowingtonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

KUDOS! The difference between then and now is that no one now seems to have the guts to revolt, or for that matter to even say anything is wrong! We might offend someone.

5. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Clearly the interests of the people are not being represented.  More bad legislation being hammered through hastily under the guise of doing something for the people.

What the people want is reform, free markets, accountability, removal of competitive barriers, fairness.

To force people to buy insurance won't work.  How do you tell a person with diabetes they MUST buy insurance?  What if that insurance is $10,000 a month?

When you force pre existing conditions into a system you are not "insuring" you are "budgeting" you are allocating funds from one group who is insured to another who ...

That's not insurance.

6. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

hmm, I haven't seen that figure. a good place to check facts is politifact.com.

things will change going through the senate.

7. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Yeah, Scott. I've been wondering the same thing.