Day to day Battle with type 2 diabetes

1. Robuck4 profile image59
    Robuck4posted 6 years ago

I'm keeping a day to day hub journal of my blood sugar readings, food choices, exercise and medications. It helps me with accountablity. I'm hoping others will add their experience and we can learn from each other.

1. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Calcuim is good for controlling sugar. Also, lots of lengthy walks. Avoid whole eggs. Eggs are loaded with cholestrol which is not good for you. My suggestion: egg beaters. Avoid real mayo. Suggestion: light mayo. Sugar free deserts. High fiber foods, juices: v-8,. GOod luck. Also avoid coffee can also not help your sugar. With the high content of caffine. Never good for your heart also.

2. HoneyBubble profile image61
    HoneyBubbleposted 6 years ago

Hi there,
    I see you have "Type 2" Diabetes, my husband also has had this condition for over 10 years, he also still struggles at times. However in the beginning you tend to go quite overboard with things and it tends to take over everthing and takes some of the joy out of living each day. This is what seems too happen when first diagnosed, as everything is new, as you get too know your body my husband has arrived at a balance which is manageable.
    I have no Idea what your bloodsugar levels are, but what we did find useful is finding out more about how the body works in relation to the foods we eat. Also we asked our Nurse at the Diabetes clinic if there were any courses available that could give us an insight in how to manage life better with Diabetes.
    Anyway, I hope this info helps, my husband still loves his food, and still enjoys chocolate and the odd beer!
    But we have cut down on processed foods, and cook our own meals,
    including cakes with less sugar etccc.... Yum Yum!!!!!!