Has anyone ever taken an herbal medicine that actually worked?

Jump to Last Post 51-68 of 68 discussions (107 posts)
  1. Wealthmadehealthy profile image62
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 14 years ago

The taking of herbs is the only way to go....God put all the herbs on the earth for us to use in healing....I have used many many different types of herbs for over twenty years to heal many different illnesses, including arthritis, flu, headaches, nausea, fever, bruises, all manner and sorts of things....this is the only medicine I use

Anyone who does not believe in the herbal value of Gods plants needs to actually gain some knowledge....Big Pharma lies

2. Faybe Bay profile image67
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Took phyto-estrogen, that worked, melatonin, that worked. My Uncle tried Mangosteen, which is really working for him and many family members. So many brands to choose from. I believe everything we need is available in nature. My Grandparents did too. The problem is we believe in the hype on things when they have synthesized the very compounds found in plants, slapped a big price-tag on it and made billions. Wealthmadehealthy, and many others around the Hub are writing Hubs on the very subject. Books are being written on how to get your own garden up and growing even in an apartment. Save money, get healthier, plants are good for your atmosphere inside and outside your home...
    I better save some of this for a hub.

3. Mama Sez profile image62
    Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

We always have Lagundi tea (Vitex negundo)at home.  It is an effective analgesic and antitussive. This is great when you have cough, you can feel immediate relief.

4. Faybe Bay profile image67
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

never heard of that! I will try it.

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Is there anything to help with being cold? I can't take the extreme hot during the summer but I haven't been able to get warm for the past two days.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got treatment for this last night as I have same problem - for some reason not able to get warm last few days. Hot Chinese rice wine, here made by Mama and flavoured with wolf berries, really nice. Heated with sugar it worked like a charm even down to my feet!  I guess any (maybe red) wine or moderate alcoholic beverage like this is same as mulled wine etc. Was great for getting the job done but I did go to a warm bed soon after as I know that we increase the blood flow to the extremities at the expense of core body temperature.  So my advice is to get half p****d and go to bed with hot partner!

6. profile image0

cool a reason to get half shloshed but the only thing I got for a hot partner is the cat and she won't stay on my feet.

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell the cat straight - uncooperative cats make great Davy Crocket hats !

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

7. profile image0

Has anyone ever used Thyroid Essentials by Healthy Choice Naturals?

I was using a product and felt it was doing well. Had to go see my doc for something else and she ran a thyroid test and put me back on synthroid at 75mg then a month later upped that to 125 mg and that has had a nasty side effect that I already had to deal with because of a previous surgery. Anyway I called her because this nasty little side effect was leaving me in terrible pain where I could not even sit down. She told me to halve the dosage and take a laxative until my next scheduled appt which isn't until the end of March.

I have a severely under active thyroid. I know this. I have to be on something to keep it functioning. I'm looking for a natural alternative and while what I was taking is an alternative I would like something with more in it that helps more with energy levels than what I was taking.

Any help or knowledge about healthy choice naturals or suggestions on what to do?

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Herbal and "natural" medicines often contain the active ingredients needed to help with medical conditions.
    The problem is that many of them have other harmful substances which need to be removed. Many things in their natural state are dangerous for this reason, and many prescription medicines are natural, but with these poisons removed. I am wary of "natural medicines. smile

9. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I can say that herbal medicines work for me, but I'm sure there will be naysayers.  However, suffice it to say that I am rarely sick and I do use herbal medicines for a lot of things, mainly for prevention.

10. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Wow! Lots of good info! I have to take them more serious!smile

11. Kelley Eidem profile image46
    Kelley Eidemposted 14 years ago

Anyone who drinks coffee believes in herbs.

Yes, I've benefitted from herbs on many occasions. I've recently lowed my blood sugar with a combo of fenugreek, gymnema sylestre, and cinnamon.

12. bestweightlosspla profile image60
    bestweightlossplaposted 14 years ago

i have used propolis, and i found it works. It is one of the  herb medicines hat works fast so you do not need to wait too long

13. drvyanktesh profile image59
    drvyankteshposted 14 years ago

hello friends, i am a doctor of indian medicine.
    natural herbs can also work as like modern medicine,but it just need to impliment it properly.

1. Lwelch profile image82
      Lwelchposted 14 years ago

I like to use research like what you will find in a resource names health notes.  It tells you the studies etc.  I have had great experiences with grapefruit seed extract, tea tree oil, peppermint oil capsules, valerian, and melatonin.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 14 years ago

Lemon and honey always help a sore throat. Doesn't cure it though.

3. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

First as a disclaimer I took this while under the care of a Board Certified Internist and Nurse Practitioner and also took the antibiotic Cipro. So I'm not treating myself, and I do believe in using using doctors and medicine.

But both the doctor and the nurse urged me to take cranberry extract supplement as well as the Cipro for a recurrent urinary tract infection because there have been several well done studies that show the cranberry acidifies the urine and keeps the bacteria from sticking to the bladder. They kept saying the Cipro would kill the bacteria and the cranberry would help get it out of my system as well.

After the infection cleared up, they've instructed me to continue to take the Cranberry Extract daily, because I've had so many UTIs. It's been 5 months since my last UTI and for me that's pretty good.

4. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 14 years ago

Tea tree oil and thieves oil(essential oil) have seemed to be effective.

5. killrats profile image60
      killratsposted 14 years ago

Try looking up NONI JUICE. IT worked for me

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)