Anyone down for a weight challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Ms.Lavae profile image60
    Ms.Lavaeposted 14 years ago

I just signed up for the gym and i want to try to go 4 days out of a week. Im going to post my before picture and in about 3 or 4 months my after picture. Who's down?

I've already started to do pilates and im addicted i will write a hub about it for anyone who's interested. And i'll also make a hub about the gym itself.such as gym etiquette.

2. spartanking1978 profile image59
    spartanking1978posted 14 years ago

Hey...free weights or resistance training. Or does that matter? Which is the best, most effective, method?

Ms.Lavaeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would say you need both

2. fishtiger58 profile image68
      fishtiger58posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A combination of both is best along with some cardio.

3. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I'd be interested in the Palates hub! I need to drop 10 pounds or so myself. I can tell you this though, it has more to do with caloric intake than it does exercise. You can eat anything you want, but you have to limit your calories. The problem with working out is it's make you hungry!

When i finish working out i rarely feel hungry i just feel refreshed. But if i do i would eat a whole lot of fruits

4. Princessa profile image81
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

No weight challenge for me before The Christmas and New Year festivities.  I have to many invitations to reject them because I am in a diet, and after the parties I just have no energy at all to go training.

Good luck with it anyway.  I love Pilates, I have practiced it for years.  I discovered it after pregancy and it really helped not only going back in shape but also helped with my sore back and to strengthen my pelvic floor back to tip top condition.

5. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

I haven't written about it yet, but I've been trying to hit the gym 2-3 times a week, and I've also been attending a gentle yoga class and water aerobics.  In 7 months I've lost about 20 pounds and would like to take off about 15 more.  Good luck to everyone trying to live a healthier life!

6. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I never could keep up with my gym and am definitely a more at home/park person. I really have started getting into fitness shows/dvds which I can do 5-6 times a week.

My favorite is 30 Day Shred so far. I HATE cardio, but I have problem with weight and resistance training. This mixes some cardio, weight and resistance training together for 20-30 minutes. smile In less than 2 months I've lost inches all over and went down a pant size.

I wish you well especially with the added challenge of the two upcoming holidays!smile

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i don't like gyms either. i like walking to, and around, the park by my house. it's got a weeping willow there with a nice bench to sit on if you want to after. i also like bike riding, and i have this new 10-minute pilates dance dvd that i really like.

good luck you guys. best time to do something like this is actually around the holidays. i read somewhere that people can gain 10 pounds during the holiday season yikes

7. Ms.Lavae profile image60

yea it's def hard. But i'm willing to do especially for my health, even when i make mistakes i will stand back up and continue.

8. wychic profile image86
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Does it count if I already started? I'm definitely in, I've been working off my weight for a while now and have considered posting a hub about it. I can get a picture that's current as of now, though, so everyone can see the before everything picture, the 55 pounds later (now), and wherever I end up...hopefully about another 40 pounds down tongue.

Currently I don't do any special diet, though originally I did have to eat out of dishes that were all 1/2-cup and 1-cup sized so that I could get a much better feel for what a serving is. It probably also helps that my other half is an excellent cook and would be horrified to serve anything with extra grease still in it, and some of my favorite foods are raw fruits and veggies...especially tomatoes big_smile.

I've gone through a number of workouts, but currently am doing a full strength and flexibility workout (a pilates/yoga hybrid, a DVD that's available on Netflix in watch instantly) three times a week, and am walk/running about six miles once or twice a week with the shelter dogs. I also walk about 1/2-1 mile a day with my own puppy, but it's always a very slow and easy walk so I don't know how much benefit there is from it.

This looks like it'll be a very interesting thread to follow, and perhaps very inspiring for anyone who can stick with it to post a hub about how they successfully lost their weight.

9. prettydarkhorse profile image55
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Good job Ms. Lavae,

I really need to think about my food intake too, I am too skinny, I need to put some more weights...

10. Ms.Lavae profile image60

Yea i need to lose some i'm horribly out of shape. And im thinking about my health

11. gramon1 profile image60
    gramon1posted 14 years ago

I started 29 days ago with a diet. I already do exercise regularly, since I practice and teach karate. I have lost 19 lb in the last 29 days and am planning to loose about 20 lb more. I started at 245 and want to go to 196. I am blogging my day to day diet and weight. On sunday, after 31 Days, I'll take a picture with the same T-shirt I wore 4 days before I started the diet. I'll continue posting one picture with the same T-shirt every month until 196 lb.
    I will love to see your progress. You can check my Hub. It is called "My Sweet Diet".

Good luck and determination!

Ok thats great i will gain inspriation from you, Good luck on your journey  i will start with my blog on sunday since im goin for my assessment at the gym on saturday.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)