jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

A massage for your mind.

1. samsbr profile image60
    samsbrposted 6 years ago

I love all of my friends smile

2. wearing well profile image78
    wearing wellposted 6 years ago

I totally agree.I have treated many depressed people over the past 20 years and some of their problems (not all!) are because of their negative/selfish mindset.
    I believe in the Yin and Yang principles of life,everything we engage in has to be a balancing act doesn't it?
    Thank you for writing your article I enjoyed your honesty and  here's to finding more good healthy minds to treat!

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

Take a course in some subject you do not know, take it for 5 days, learn it and pass the exam. That will be a great massage (and improvement) to your mind!

1. BobLloyd profile image60
      BobLloydposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, starting with human biology and perhaps some physics would be good.  Then, having understood something about how the world works, you wouldn't go for all the metaphysical mystical stuff, and you'd have a much more positive outlook.

Massage for the mind?  Try a crossword, or a sudoku, or read a book, or talk to people, the list is endless.  But mystical introspection isn't going to draw anything out, just send you looking inwards.  And if you're already prone to depression, that's the last thing you want to do.

No, a good human biology of physics course will do wonders for you, sorting out any irrationality and getting rid of the mystical stuff.  Even reading a science book will open your mind.  Carpe diem!

1. shareitt profile image60
        shareittposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't forget you are what you eat...keep the mind going by eating the right kinds of foods...I call them my brain foods-Antioxidants!

1. BobLloyd profile image60
          BobLloydposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good old antioxidants...  Except that your body already has built-in antioxidants in the form of the enzymes glutathione peroxidase, superoxide dismutase, etc.  Even if you don't eat fresh vegetables, you'll still have plenty. Free radicals, antioxidants, and all that stuff is self-regulating.

There's so much Woo talked about these things. There's some slight evidence that far from improving health, eating extra anti-oxidants can be harmful, since we already have a finely tuned mechanism of our own for dealing with the free radicals that occur naturally.

I eat fresh vegetables because they taste nice!  I think health is far too important to become a hobby smile

2. edguider profile image60
      edguiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good point, going to try to learn something new to get a good brain massage smile

4. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago

It's gone...

I only reported the phone number...

Was it me?

5. Francoise1 profile image59
    Francoise1posted 6 years ago

Well, I am offering a real massage for the mind.
    Works for me.
    Get a friend (or someone you know!) to massage your skull with his fingertips, hands given the shape of claws and ask them to try and move the skin, just a little, over the skull, going over the whole skull this way, right down to the neck line.
    After 5 or 10 minutes, you'll be so relaxed, your mind will just hardly disturb you... for a while.

Hope it helps.