Life is a Short Journey

1. abisonline profile image60
    abisonlineposted 8 years ago

What is life? Our body spends a short time on earth - that is what is life. you may spend this time in happiness or in unhappiness. But you must understand that there is no point spoiling this brief time by your own thinking and acts and remain unhappy and stressed throughout the short journey.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I agree.  Having goals and aspirations is good, but I think these days, there is too much emphasis on them - to the point where everyone is constantly striving for something in the future, and therefore feeling discontented with what they have today. 

I got very caught up in that whole goal-oriented mentality for several years, until one day I stopped and thought, "Wait a minute.  I've travelled all over the world and lived in some amazing countries.  I've performed on stage, which as a sick child I never thought I'd achieve.  I live in a cute little house in a beautiful city with a great climate, with a wonderful man whom I love dearly.  What more do I need?"

Wasn't it John Lennon who said something like, "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"?   If you want to have a goal, by all means have one.  Just remember that the journey is as important as, of not more important than, the destination.