jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you know homeopathy can treat colds, coughs and flu?

1. Melissa Burch profile image61
    Melissa Burchposted 8 years ago

One of the best ways to start to use homeopathy is to start using homeopathic remedies for acutes and first aid. You can get an easy to use book like Dana Ullman's Everybody Guide to Homeopathy or Miranda Castro's The Complete Homeopathy Handbook which will explain how you take the 3-4 most intense or unique symptoms and then look up a remedy to match them.

It is great if you have a 10-40 remedy kit at home so you have all the remedies you need when treating yourself or family. This type of prescribing works best for simple conditions. If you have a more chronic problem like migraines, IBS, arthritis then you need to seek a Classical homeopath and in the US the person should have the CCH letters after their name which means they are certified in classical homeopathy.

What have been your experiences using homeopathy for simple acutes like a cold?

2. Dave Saunders profile image61
    Dave Saundersposted 8 years ago

I was very skeptical when I first heard about homeopathy but as I was studying for my degree in Holistic Health, I was amazed at the breadth of research and the types of patients that have been helped by harmless substances. When you read case studies of people in comas, and infants, being helped by homeopathy it certainly opens your eyes.

3. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 8 years ago

Homeopathy is not only useful for common ailments but most suitable for chronic ones. If one practices homeopathy, experinces will show that this is the best system of medication. Not only cheaper but also free of side effects we're unaware of synthetic drugs. Small globules do miracles.

4. shangrila profile image61
    shangrilaposted 8 years ago

do we need to go to homeopathic "doctors" for treatment always? even for common cold?

1. premsingh profile image60
      premsinghposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you develop an interest in homeopathy you can learn it yourself. However, you have to experiment first on yourself to see the results of treatment. I have a hub on this topic and also listed some reources. In brief, I learnt homeopathy by reading books four years back and nobody will believe that neither me nor people closer to me have seen a doctor in that period with few exceptions. But I'll advise you not to take risk in the begining with some serious ailments until and unless you have got full confidence.