jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What healthy food should you buy?

1. BobLloyd profile image60
    BobLloydposted 6 years ago

Better still, try to avoid the supermarkets altogether smile 

They act as bullying monopolies that restricts the access to fresh food, pushes the quality down and the prices up.

Here in Southern Spain, there's a tradition of eating fresh food and it turns out cheaper than the supermarkets and much much better quality.  And it's way healthier of course. 

I think if you have to use a supermarket, folks should try to leave out as much processed stuff as possible, and wherever possible reject all the plastic bags and stupid wrapping.

Around here there are now supermarkets refusing to supply plastic bags because they get their ears bent by annoyed customers complaining about waste and landfill rubbish sites.  Progress of a sort smile

2. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 6 years ago

I try to buy as natural food as possible, by avoiding supermarkets. I shop at little groceries for fresh vegetables, chicken, meat and spices. I've tried packed processed food, but find them tastless and not very appetising.

Always local groceries for me, i know what i'm buying, not in packets, natural (as possible) and fresh. I even sometimes go to vegetable markets where farmers sell veg directly to customers, a better option.

3. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Hey aaron..umm try hitting start new hub and putting your 3 posts as your hubs to share the info with others. the forums isn't the place for that. smile

4. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Apparently this is not a question at all but a statement.