jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)

any tips for a headache

1. stormie92 profile image60
    stormie92posted 6 years ago

I took the medicine I got from the doctors, but it's not working and I'm going nuts. I'm under stress....

Any tips?

1. double_frick profile image80
      double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

take something long and skinny like a belt or a scarf and wrap it tightly around your head and tie it. i saw it on the doctors LOL they said because it decreases the blood flow to your head so it stops the throbbing. i've tried it and it worked!

stormie92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow! That's weird, but I will try it!

Thanks guys. I've been under a crap load of stress this week.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Stay off the HubPages forums...they are giving me a headache tonight smile

I find Advil gel caps are great. As is Aleve.

2. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Warm washcloth on your forehead. Pressure in a circle on your temples. What medicine did you take?

stormie92posted 6 years ago in reply to this

My doctor gave me Naproxen SOD... she said because I'm a teenager she doesn't want to give me anything that is addictive.

3. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

Relaxation in a dark room.  Go deep into a meditation, almost to the point of sleeping.  As you relax, the headache will subside.  A good neck/back/head/facial massage will also work.

4. maudine_05 profile image60
    maudine_05posted 6 years ago

Try sleeping with lights off..it works for me

5. QueenaVerbosity profile image60
    QueenaVerbosityposted 6 years ago

Hot bath with eucalyptus oil, will open your sinuses, relax you - so tension is lessened and the headache pressure will subside.

Have some chamomile tea, too.  Feel better

6. Sa Toya profile image87
    Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago

drink water...a fair bit, you may be a little dehydrated.

I like having something cold-ice cold wash cloth or that, blue gel hot/cold thing, i rub on my temples...hope it helped or cocodamol, a tablet-works a treat

7. caravalhophoto profile image59
    caravalhophotoposted 6 years ago

Sex...it really does cure a headache and relieves stress...great if you have a giver and wants to cure whats ailing...and drink a lot of water. smile

1. double_frick profile image80
      double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

but doesn't sex only work if you O? lol just sayin...

8. Wrestling Freak profile image60
    Wrestling Freakposted 6 years ago

I suffer from migraines and I really do find relief by using Advil.

I hope you are feeling better.

9. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Actually I do have a trick for some relief. I suffer from migraines and my doctor had me go underwater in the bathtub and the pressure change (I held my nose too) actually offered relief.  Enough that I could get some sleep.

Get this,I am astonished that anyone could do this with a bad headache but tip 2 was to masturbate.  He suggested this changes the amount of blood flow away from your head and therefore releases pressure also.

Who could masturbate with a migraine, I can barely move my arm, but you just never know

Hope these help lol

1. Wendi M profile image83
      Wendi Mposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Masturbation for migraines huh...who would've thought?

10. jessicab profile image61
    jessicabposted 6 years ago

Try herbal tea just in case its tension headaches, the herbal tea sleepy time helps me alot and I can not do without it and it also make me sleepy very sleepy.

11. Cleanclover profile image61
    Cleancloverposted 6 years ago

apply some pain releiving gel or balm. It works for me everytime. No side effects too :-)

And grow some hair stormie ;-)

12. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

The Guillotine: Guaranteed to be the absolute and final cure to any headache.  lol

13. 0
    Uma07posted 6 years ago

Steaming just as u would during a facial works for me.To prevent it's onset, drinking lot of water everyday and avoiding hot food helps.