jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Cell Phones may be affecting your health. What precautions do you take

1. mintinfo profile image83
    mintinfoposted 6 years ago

Lloyd's of London, who underwrite virtually anything, will not cross over one particular line - eSmog. Because of the rapidly rising evidence of deteriorating health and brain tumors associated with cell phone use, the famed insurance company will not take on the risk on what they feel may become a barrage of class action law suits over the effects of radio frequencies and electric magnetic frequencies on human health.

2. G Miah profile image83
    G Miahposted 6 years ago

Don't use them for hours and hours! Only when you really need to speak, use them, otherwise text!

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

I wear a lead lined helmut but I need a neck brace and I can't really hear anything.

4. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Time will prove if it is or isn't a problem.  People are using them at record pace for long durations of time.

All you can do is choose personally.  If you want to limit your exposure use speaker phone and limit your call time.  Do not carry the phone next to your body.  Do not use the telephone when the reception is bad as it takes more energy at that time.

You can only limit risk you can not stop it.  We are bombarded with radio waves of all kinds all day long.

5. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

This was a concern waaaayyy back in the early '90s.  In addition to cell phones, there is concerns of emissions from monitors, keyboards, mice and the computers.  The concerns over this were first brought up in the late '80s.  There is also detailed studies of how radio emissions from large transmission towers and electrical towers contribute to an increase in health problems such as tumors, cancer, neurological disorders and others.  Frankly, microwave ovens are also cause for concern.  So, what do we do?  Minimize as much of it as possible.  You can't escape it, so minimal exposure is best.

6. OregonWino profile image84
    OregonWinoposted 6 years ago

Use a WIRED headset, safer, more comfortable and moves the phone farther from your body.