Donate to The Red Cross For Haitian Earthquake Relief.

1. Garnet Greene profile image59
    Garnet Greeneposted 6 years ago

Having been through a major earthquake myself, I have great empathy for the people of Haiti tonight. They'll be in shock and will be for days. As the aftershocks keep coming their nerves will be shot. No electricity, no water, and downed walls and fences, leave anxious dogs running loose. Suddenly you can't recognize your own town - and some landmarks that define your area, are simply gone forever.

Haiti wasn't a wealthy place before this. The people will need all kinds of help, and as usual, the Red Cross is already mobilizing.

If you have the means at the moment. Give to the Redcross. I guess were not supposed to post links here, but I'm betting a bunch of web saavy hubpagers can find the American Red Cross website.

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image84
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had already donated this morning after hearing the radio reports on my way into work.

In case anyone is wondering, it is extremely easy to do.  Takes less than 5 minutes and can be accomplished using a credit card, or an amazon account.  You can choose where your funds should be applied by category (local, disaster relief, etc.) or just pick "where its most needed."

Thanks for posting Garnet.

and, btw, for those looking, its a ".org" not a ".com"

2. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

Already made my contribution as well.  For other options to help, you might check out this hub... … rchservice