jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

I proved my theory good

1. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub a couple of months back, it ws one of the first hubs I wrote as a matter of fact.  In it I suggested several ways, tricks and so on that one can  use to help quit smoking cigs. 
    I decided to put my theories to the test, and I used them to quit smoking beginning the new year.  I followed my own instructions, and I am here to say that I have not nor has my hubby, had a cigarette since dec.31. 
    We both tried out my suggestions, and we both successfully quit, and it was so easy I am embarressed to admit that I did not do it sooner.
    Not one smoke since the new year began...I will keep you informed about if it continues to work.  so far so good though.  How to quit smoking, (no--really)  is the name of the original hub

1. Urbane Chaos profile image92
      Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on quitting!  That's always one of the hardest things to do, but with a little determination and perseverance, it is possible. 

I've known a lot of people that have quit, and every one of them have tried different methods.  What worked for some didn't work for others, and vice-versa.  The key is to find what works for you.  I sincerely hope that you never pick another smoke up again in your life..

Good luck!

2. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

congratulations! i don't smoke, but i have heard it is hard to quit, so good job.

3. Undead Steve profile image60
    Undead Steveposted 6 years ago

Congrats! My first (and only so far) hub was about smoking as well. It's very good that you were able to quit.

4. FranyaBlue profile image79
    FranyaBlueposted 6 years ago

I gave up smoking over 3 years ago and haven't had a single one since but I do still dream that i'm smoking sometimes which is really strange! Good luck!

5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Well Congratulations!!!! May you never pick up another cigarette again. smile

6. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Coooooolness!  Just keep your sights on a goal that is not immediate or soon but far out there.  Perhaps even the ultimate goal of being smoke free when you pass on when you are old.  It's been eighteen years for me.  My method was rather weird though but interesting.

1. Daniel Townsend profile image82
      Daniel Townsendposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Just out of curiosity, what was your method for quitting?

Also, congrats to everyone in here who has managed to quit smoking. Sometimes winners do quit!

7. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I started out by writing on a blank paper three times a day, at least 25 to 35 times each, a short sentence---I hate the way cigarettes taste...by about day four, when I lit up, the smoke did not taste good.  It is sort of a self hypnosis, then, after I stopped smoking because they tasted bad, whenever I thought about having one, I would not lie to myself by saying that I was never going to smoke again, but I would just tell myself that I could have one later, and each time I thought about it, I told myself I could and would, but later.  I also played with an unlit smoke to sooth the oral fixation of having one in my hand or in my mouth but never light it.  I am on day 40 or thereabout, and still have no cravings at all