jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (21 posts)

Are their any people left who where born in the 19th century?

1. thekidandblue profile image60
    thekidandblueposted 7 years ago

I have been curious about this for a while now, i don't know why.

and how would you find out how many there were?

sorry f I'm being morbid, I've been up for 24 hours

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so the 19th Century ended in 1900 and the 20th Century began in 1901-2000 so if there is a soul that is alive do let me know. smile
      If you are talking between 1901 until 2000 (20th Century) there are still millions of us including you. smile

2. Greek One profile image79
      Greek Oneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Most of the members of the Tea Party seem to come from centuries past smile

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago
  3. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

I just thought about it again, and there are people born in the late 1800s still alive...from the 19th century.  I was correct the first time.

Now that is very interesting I will certainly have to check that out! smile

4. Christene profile image80
    Christeneposted 7 years ago

According to that link the 10 oldest people currently living were born in 1895 & 1896...so yes.

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

@ Kid you should write a hub about and also get some sleep. smile

6. thekidandblue profile image60
    thekidandblueposted 7 years ago

They're called Supercentenarians how cool is that

@AEvans I will now try to sleep ty

Good and write that hub we will be waiting. smile

1. thekidandblue profile image60
        thekidandblueposted 7 years ago in reply to this

finally managed to write that hub. I'm not feeling the writing vibe of late but I have been thinking about mortality a lot, I hope it's OK.

7. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago
  8. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

I always failed to explain my nephew about why it is called 19th century with years in 1800.  neutral oh well, back to school. big_smile

9. profile image61
    Butthole1111posted 5 years ago

The specific answer is about 37 people are alive who were born in the 1800s. Source: Wikipedia's List of Supercentenarians

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

And you needed to raise a 21 month old dead thread to post what was already posted? roll

1. profile image60
        JimmyConnerlyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that 1900 also qualifies. The first year of the 20th century was 1901.

2. mel22 profile image61
        mel22posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it's an Evergreen thread.. LOL... at least until the 21 st century ends or all the SuperCenturians are dead!

10. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

I'm mid forties, somewhere I have pictures of myself, my children, my sisters children and grandchildren, our mother, our grandparents and my grandfathers aunt and uncle - Six generations all still alive, the oldest being just over the 100 mark!
    But still not from the 19th century - but almost!

11. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

In relation to this thread, if you are looking for data about countries with the highest life expectancy - average age people live.

Japan and China are the top two countries with highest life expectancies. Must be their diets, they eat fishes and noodles. Plus their "method of healing" - acupuncture/acupressure and herbs etc...

Japanese women live longest among all population if you compare by sex and country

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/demographic/ … h.htm#tech -  not arranged by rank

working