jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (19 posts)

Very Worried

1. BEAUTYBABE profile image86
    BEAUTYBABEposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for your lovely and touching comments and prayers. 
    I had my mole removed from my leg today and I have been told that the result should be back by Monday. He said it looked suspicious of melanoma, but then added "Pam don't worry until the result is back. The best idea is not to think about it until we see what we are dealing with" . Don't you hate the way they refer to your problem as "we". It is very hard no to think about it and when Monday arrives, I will be a nervous wreck.
    I will let you know what the result is when I find out.
    Thank you again for caring everyone,  love Beautybabe.

1. lorlie6 profile image86
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

We're here for you, BB.  Just hang on, and have faith.  And yes, I love that Royal "We."

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image80
      LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Praying for you ......

3. rwelton profile image80
      rweltonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know the feeling- hope all is benign and well.  Have a similar opportunity going now- have a CTScan Monday night for an unusuall spot on my lungs.  How can somebody tell you to "not think about it?"  It is like a giant pink elephant in the room.  The best way for me to get through it (I amin Cancer recover already and go through stuff like this every 3-6 months) is to stay incredibly busy.  This forum is new to me- have 3 Blogs going for about a year and a half...but you are right- "don't think about it" - is not an available option.
      Prayers are with you.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Just sent up another prayer!

3. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 6 years ago

Best wishes and positive thoughts go out to you. Keep us posted and take care!

4. BEAUTYBABE profile image86
    BEAUTYBABEposted 6 years ago

To Laural, Habee and Sara thank you so much again for these lovely thoughts and prayers.
    It is touching to have you there with me, lets hope they work.
    The thing is trying to stop thinking about it, No Chance.
    It might be easy for them to say " Don't Worry", it isn't that easy to do. is it? Beautybabe.

5. skyfire profile image75
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

They go through many cases like that so it may be part of their work to say "we". But let's take it in positive way. Keep us posted about yourself and take care!

6. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

Hi BB,

I can sympathize with you all too well sad The waiting for pathology is the worst for me, too. I even wrote a hub about it.
      Just remember Jesus is already there.
      If the "what if" worry is controlling you, I have a trick I use that may help. Set a timer for 5 minutes. During that 5 minutes let all your fears play out. Every scenario - just run it down the track all the way. Chances are you will be clock watching before the time is up. And then the rest of the day, when worrying about it enters your mind, you can dismiss it knowing you already crossed it off your to-do list. Corny, yes, but it helps me.
      Prayers for you, Holly smile

7. Sa Toya profile image87
    Sa Toyaposted 6 years ago

And another prayer, do your best to stay positive smile

and take care smile

8. triplet profile image61
    tripletposted 6 years ago

Praying for you

9. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

You are in my heart constantly, you know that.  I am sending love to you hon.  Your in my prayers.      smile

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

repeat for sure

10. Sage Williams profile image91
    Sage Williamsposted 6 years ago

Sending prayers, hugs and positive thoughts your way.

11. efeguy profile image61
    efeguyposted 6 years ago

God on your side.be positive

12. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

I hope everything goes well for you.

13. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Wishing you all the best and good health, take care BB.

14. laswi profile image60
    laswiposted 6 years ago

Wish you an early recovery Beautybabe.

15. valeriebelew profile image83
    valeriebelewposted 6 years ago

Hi Beauty Babe,

I want to share that I had melonoma over twenty years ago.  Naturally, I was scared stiff, but after surgery I never had another problem with it.  And this was a multi-colored ugly looking mole.  Once the surgery was over, I didn't spend a lot of time fearing that it would return, and it did not return.  I recently had a breast biopsy, and have not heard anything after two weeks and a day.  Hopefully, my biopsy will show a benign growth, but if not, I will have it treated and "just say no" to fear.  Hang in there.