jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)

Insomnia Free

1. 61
    mi_elposted 6 years ago

I had visit many sites about how can i deal with my insomnia. I have read many stories, experiences that confused me. I am really tired of doing techniques that did not cured my insomnia. My friends referred me sleeping pills that they are using. But those have side effects. Hope someone can help me here on how to be insomnia free. Where and how can i get pills that will truly help me. Thanks....

1. 0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been on some of the most hard core sleepng pills available in western medicine, I have also been blessed by the medicine woman of my tribe..

I am an insomniac, I am used to it now, some of us were just not meant to sleep often.

2. double_frick profile image79
      double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

whoa. i have an unpublished hub on natural insomnia remedies.
      synchronicity. i need to publish that. LOL

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

3. djsmillions profile image59
      djsmillionsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried Dreamaway? This liquid vitamin really helps put you in a deep rem sleep. Hopefully you are not allergic to shell fish, there is a small amount of it in Dreamaway.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I think that the makers of Advil put out a sleeping med, but I'm not sure of the name.

I don't know if you're male or female?

But, for females, there is a midol pm that I think helps. smile

Again, I am not positive.

Wish I could be more help. big_smile

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Make sure that you are getting plenty of Calcium and Magnesium. Muy importante smile
    Valerian root can help. Herbal supplements with melatonin are available.
    I'm not one to take medications, but if it is really a problem talk with your doctor and you can get a prescription.
    Make sure your bed is comfy. High thread count... quit sleeping on 12, thats hay. Nice pillows (firmness depends on how you sleep). A cool quiet and dark room is best. Also you should have a schedule.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Yeah schedule is the most important part - who comes when. wink

5. Colebabie profile image60

::Looks under her skirt::

Misha you alright under there??

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I am fine. You can talk to spammers as long as you want, just don't stuff them next to me please wink

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Where are the spammers? Hmm. There is no room for spammers under there.

6. wyanjen profile image88
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

I've heard both good and bad things about melatonin as a sleep aid.

It is classified as a dietary supplement, so the FDA can't regulate it. But overall it does seem to help with sleep problems in small doses. smile

7. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 6 years ago

If you are 50 and above and you sleep at least 4 undisturbed hours in the night, that's a good night sleep, says my doctor. Don't worry. But if you do, get up and take a glass of hot milk. It somehow warms you up and lulls you to sleep. I do.

8. Colebabie profile image60

Yeah, the FDA doesn't regulate any herbal supplements. But our body makes it naturally, so I would hope the herbal supplement would be okay. My sister used it with some relief.

1. wyanjen profile image88
      wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was curious, so I just googled it real quick.
      There doesn't seem to be any danger, in low doses. Side effects are headache, nausea, etc. The only concern would be interactions with other medications or supplements. Although I see quite a few warnings about it causing (or worsening) depression.

smile

9. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Ask your  doctor.

If your doctor advises medications, ask for another opinion.

Medications can be a temporary fix, but you might need to seek the underlying problem.

10. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Under there definitely not LOL. I hardly fit here alone. wink But the OP is spamming, look at their other posts. This is likely a spam setup, too smile

11. Colebabie profile image60

You're probably right. Oh well, if our answers can help someone else... all is well.

12. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Sure, no harm at all, quite the contrary smile

13. heart4theword profile image58
    heart4thewordposted 6 years ago

I had a friend that had this problem, I was able to get something from the naturepath, that helped her:)  Don't remember what it was called.  Yet I too, know of someone else who took 500mg of Calcium before he went to bed, this helped him.

14. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Rum and bananas - guaranteed to knock you out.

working