jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Dental Pain after Crown/bridge. Please help..

1. 60
    Zondpoposted 6 years ago

Hello Doctor,

I have a serious problem and i need URGENT HELP. please help me.

I had a cavity issue and i went to a Dentist. The dentist told me that all my molar tooth have worn out/ dentin is exposed and i to get crown for all top and bottom molars [4+4]. I went for it and got the crown fixed around Jan 10.
    Now after having crown/bridge, i am not able to bite/chew from the right side of mouth and also have some sensitivity. Whenever i bite/chew from right side of my mouth i have pain and i cant chew. Also cant have anything cold..
    Can you please guide me what should i do now. What could be the problem. How can this be fixed.

I am not in the same town where i got the crowns placed.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

You might have some food stuck under the bridge, which is causing irritation. It is possible to pass floss under the bridge. Have you tried using floss to dislodge anything that might be there?

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Did you pay for the service out-of-pocket?

If not, then find another dentist, since insurance plan should still cover the work.

If you did pay out of pocket, then you would be left with only one answer- to return to the previous dentist who did the work and get them to fix it.

I understand that you cannot go back to the same dentist, but it shouldn't be a requirement either.

There is no other way I can think of off hand to fix the problem. smile

Wish I could have been more helpful. smile

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Orajel or Anbesol until you can go back in to the dentist. If you brush, use Sensodyne or any other sensitive toothpaste. Don't brush vigorously. Try rinsing with warm salt water. But definitely go back to the dentist.

5. Has_aWayWithWords profile image78
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 6 years ago

From my experience, (I had veneers placed several years back) the work they do to prepare the tooth for a crown or or bridge can cause some pain and sensitivity that will likely continue for a while. Once the dentin of the tooth is exposed there will always be sensitivity. Even a crown is not going to completely relieve you of this problem because hot/cold can still transfer through the porcelain of the crown and cause the pain. If it is a pressure type of pain then it is likely you have something stuck under the crown.

6. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

That is terrible. First, you should phone the dentist who did the work. Even if he (or she) is not in the same town, they can make a recommendation or tell you what you can do to ease the pain.