jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Appying For SSI Benefits

1. figment profile image73
    figmentposted 6 years ago

Do You Think People Would Pay A Fee To Have Someone Else Apply For Their SSI Benefits?

Do you know someone who would pay a fee to have someone apply for their social security benefits for them? What do you think a reasonable fee would be? If you or someone you know needs help, let me know, maybe I can help you.

2. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

Figment, the social security administration pays the fee FOR the applicant.  I used to practice law; I know, first hand.

It is rare, however, that they will pay the fee to a non-licensed attorney.  In that regard, why would anyone pay out-of-pocket for an "agent" or a "representative" to apply for them?

Some people are under the false impression that the fee to their attorney comes out of their benefit award when they get it.  It doesn't.  It's a separate fund.

3. flread45 profile image83
    flread45posted 6 years ago

Why would someone have an attorney apply for benefits,when all they have to do is go to the social security office and apply????

4. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

When I applied I was surprised how easy it was. I suppose if someone were disables or incapacitated, it might be a useful service.