jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Asthma Problems

1. m.zeshan profile image59
    m.zeshanposted 6 years ago

How can we completely get rid from Asthma, is it possible?

1. 0
      LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Science will definitely find a way!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Currently there is no cure for asthma.  However, with the right preventative inhaler and some lifestyle changes, even severe asthmatics should be able to stay virtually asthma-free most of the time.

3. Tatjana-Mihaela profile image85
      Tatjana-Mihaelaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is possible completely get rid of asthma ...there is a lot of natural ways and natural remedies they support  healing it...
      I healed with homeopathics (and some herbs) several children from asthma, without any problems (now they are healthy , active in sport and live normal lifes without inhalers).
      It is just important to determine what is real cause of someone`s asthma .

2. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

And some children grow out of it. My ex-husband had asthma as a boy but by the time he hit his teens it had gone and in all the years I was married to him I never saw him having an attack.

3. m.zeshan profile image59
    m.zeshanposted 6 years ago

can any one suggest any tips and medicine which can we use during attack.

1. 0
      grat02posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've posted some hubs that outline techniques which are very effective in dealing with asthma symptoms. I'm working on one currently that will help you develop a plan with your doctor. It will fall under the name of my current series, Asthma 101.

Because asthma is essentially an allergic reaction in most cases, it's important to figure out what is triggering the reaction. The plan can be worked out more effectively once you identify what you're allergic to.

Best wishes,

4. 59
    probafixposted 6 years ago

Air pollution, tobacco smoke & perfume etc.
    Allergens such as a pet dander, dust and mold.

Spray Inhaler.

5. tritrain profile image78
    tritrainposted 5 years ago

Avoid breathing.

That's my trick anyways.  smile

6. teamrn profile image79
    teamrnposted 5 years ago

Unfortunately, corticosteroids like prednisone are the mainstay of treatment and children who have asthma can develop side effects of the steroids. Steroids  can have such a negative impact on developing bones and joints.

But, there's a catch 22: When a child (anyone for that matter) is in the throws of a severe asthma attack and can't breathe, the first thing that is desired is to return him to breathing. Steroids will often do that, but often with a price. (weight gain, hallucinations, bone problems, sleep disorders, facial hair...)

More research and development needs to be done into medications and herbal remedies that can be used for acute attacks; so we don't rely on prednisone all the time.