jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Longing for some Caribbean food!

1. 0
    ssaulposted 6 years ago

I got married and move from my country to live with my hubby and i cant get the type of foods that i am used to having, i have to cook food that my husband eats in his country. At first i used to cook separate dishes for both of us but i can no longer do it since my son was born. When i was pregnant i long for my Caribbean food so much that my son born with lots of marks all over his body, how sad is that? My mother used to make some dishes that made me eat more and more, in the Caribbean we have lots of fish and various types of food to eat including flying fish, bangamary, butter, fish etc.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I guess it would depend upon where you live. Try doing a search markets or restaurants in your area. I used to live in S. California, and knew of one Cuban restaurant which had delicious food, including fried plantain, black beans and delicious pork dishes.

1. RNMSN profile image90
      RNMSNposted 6 years ago in reply to this

poor ssaul, thnk you marked your baby? but I understand...we were in Montana and I was craving fried oysters so moma mailed me a brown package with canned oysters and all the trimmings  smile   but my baby girl, Katie, shes now 27, she made us carribean pork with black beans last night and oh my goodness...with a sauce of sugar and cilantro and jalapeno and garlic and something else...and it wasnt hot, just delicious...I would like to see you write some of your carribean recipes (so she can cook for me haha)  but Rochelle is right, there are places to find the good food if you dont cook it...only thing baby girl had trouble with was the banana leaves...not in season here in tucson she was told...
      love to you and hello and love to you too Rochelle!!

3. 59
    kheyshaposted 6 years ago

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hiiii-- You looking for Caribbean food, too?