jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can we get stomach flu twice?

1. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 6 years ago

Ok,  so this particular question has been answered online, but I have a more indepth question.

Fist of all, two weeks ago or so, my daughter and husband came down with the stomach flu.  10 days later, my son got it (mild compared to my husband and daughter) and 2 days later I caught it.  My other daughter has yet to catch it.

So heres the stickler.  Last tuesday, the same daughter who already had the stomach flu started puking again.  FOr a full day and night.  Now, my husband has got it again and is REALLY sick.

What could be going on here?  how did they get it again?  or is it just an extension of the old flu bug?

anybody have any ideas?

Keep in mind my other daughter never got sick at all and me and my son were mildly ill compared to my other daughter and husband.

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Yeah, that happened to me this year. The virus either mutated or you got another one. Very similar situation to what I experienced.

There's a lot of stuff going around this year!

3. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

Is there a particular food that you all ate? Or restaurant?

Yes it is possible to get the stomach flu after seemingly recovered. Stay on the BRATT diet and go to a doctor if it gets serious. Lots of Gatorade!

4. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 6 years ago

it is so nasty!  hard not to feel completely depressed when these things happen.  and on our march break too.  i guess thats what its for though...healing all the sickness!

thanks nelle and colebabie, nice to know I'm not alone.

oh and colebabie, we ruled out food poisoning.  that was our first thought, but realized couldnt be that if everyone else was ok.