jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

How many hours of sleep do you usually get in a 24-hour period?
    I get between 4 and 6 hours of sleep. When I get six, it's generally not all at one time. I'll get 4, then later take a 2-hour nap. I would love to sleep longer, but my back always wakes me up.

How many hours of sleep do you need to function well?

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

6 - but I can do with less for a few days as long as I catch up the missing hours at some point.  I have been known to sleep 14 hours in catch up mode big_smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

8 to nine hours---  hi habee, the least one is seven hours straight, I dont get to nap,

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Doctors say that we can't catch up on sleep, but I don't believe that. Like you, occasionally I have to get an extra-long snooze to re-charge my battery!

1. 0
      china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I know they are wrong after nearly 30 years of working with tides aroundthe clock and so sleeping at all kinds of hours and in short bursts - at the end I sleep in for a couple of days to balance out - once I slept over 36 hours and without a single piss !   woke up feeling like a million dollars but with a dehydration headache !

3. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 6 years ago

5 to 6 hours a day from Monday to Saturday. On a Sunday, it goes up to 8. But these hours exclude my one to two hour afternoon nap big_smile.

4. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I can function on 4 or so but do much better with 6 to 8

5. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i get at least 9 hours a night. but through out that 9 hours my cat wakes me up several times for petting seesions. that's why i have to plan on a 9 hour night. if i leave less time i don't get enough sleep with the petting sessions. someone told me to close my cat out of my room but she's like my daughter. if your child came to you in the night would you close them out? so i just plan on 9 hours for sleep.

6. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

I haven't slept more than 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time for 3 years today due to surgical alterations. I get about 4-6 hours of sleep a night. Holly