jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Problems with my gastric bypass

1. 60
    kellyengelposted 6 years ago

Hi, I'm Kelly and I am new to this group.  I had my bypass nearly three years ago and have lost 175lbs I am now at a healthy weight but have had nothing but complications.  The big deal is I can't eat (anything) I have tried the bariatric supplements but everythings makes me sick.  I have lost an additional 12lbs just in the last three weeks.  It's so frustrating not to be able to eat.  My body is calcium and phosphate deficiant and I have very nearly stopped making saliva so when I went to the dentist yesterday I had 13 cavities (I've never had a cavity in my life)  I also suffer from major depression which I developed after the surgery.  Right now I just need some support there has to be someone out there who has had a difficult time.  Thank you in advance for time and support

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Kelly, all I can offer is empathy and a shoulder. I wish you well, and hope you can get this sorted fast. I do think someone here will know more than I do about this. smile
      Love and best wishes.

2. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't had the problem but when I was a kid my friend's grandma went though it. it is very tough. they were Italian and she couldn't eat anything she cooked.

3. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if this will help, it is just one of many websites dealing with this problem. I m sure there is also a support group if you try Google search, maybe even one in your area.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … p;gs_rfai=

4. 59
      Rosemary Peruginiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello kelly,my name is rose.I also am going through the same problems you are.I had the surgerythree years ago,and Ive been  having to whatch every thing I eat or else it would make me sick and have to vomit everything up.I wish I never had the surgery.Im always hungry even after eating a meal one our earlier.Iam also defecient in vitamin D,and mostly all vitamins and minerals.My hairloss has increased and I was diagnosed with Hashimoto thyroid disease which I believe and the doctor believes Ive had it for a longtime.Id like to raise awareness about this surgery and the side effects it causes.I will create a forum topic as advised.

2. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

my sister had the same problem. what she did was make healthy smoothies with protein powders and any other supplements she needed. she would just sip at the smoothies all day for several months until she was able to increase. finally she was able to eat a light salad. since then she's been able to eat just about anything. good luck.